Fuel rails for a KB car?

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
Having some problems finding some that will fit. Can anyone direct me to find some? I need them quick, car is at tuners now.

WDW MKR

Established Member
No reason to go with larger rails. Recent testing data from folks like John Mihovetz and Dave King shows the stock rails will support well more than what a typical TS blower combo will produce. Mihovetz just rang them to 962hp on an engine dyno.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
No reason to go with larger rails. Recent testing data from folks like John Mihovetz and Dave King shows the stock rails will support well more than what a typical TS blower combo will produce. Mihovetz just rang them to 962hp on an engine dyno.
:thumbsup:

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
WDW MKR said:

What about the lines to the rails? I am having what seems to be, fuel trouble up top. The fuel pressure goes wacho at around 5k or so.

WDW MKR

Established Member
What system are you currently running? A larger line upgrade certainly won't hurt anything and will help to reduce pressure drop and temperatures. Still, a BAP w/ wiring upgrade and 60lb injectors should do the trick for ya. If you don't like the BAP, you could go with GT pumps and the Zone-5 modified FPDM.

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
It does have 60s and a KB Bap. However, it does not have the wire upgrade. My tuner is doing the wire upgrade and the fuel line upgrade as we speak. He still has not found rails yet. I know some of you are saying i dont need rails yet, but i am the king of overdoing it and planning on future power levels. I also still have the stock pumps as well. There are so many opinions on the stock pumps. Some say they are limiting, some say they are OK. Others say they are OK with a wire upgrade, BAP, and fuel line upgrade. The later is what my tuner is going with. Hope this will solve my problem.

WDW MKR

Established Member
The rails will most likely require modification. CPR offers a set notched for the KB, but some people still ran into clearance issues. I just don't think you're going to need rails under 800-900rwhp. Since you're running new lines, you could also look into the 3V F150 fuel rails. A few builders have been shown to use them in recent magazines, stating they support big power. Only problem is that the inlet is moved from the passenger to the driver side.

Users who are viewing this thread