Fuel rail question for Whipple guys..

tjvineyard

Sandbagger
Established Member
My car is apart while I am installing a Whipple and exhaust.

I am going to use 60 lb injectors, and the more I think about it, the more I want to upgrade the rails. Unfortunately, money is kind of tight (all those parts add up!).

I know that I cannot pull the injectors without taking everthing apart since the plenum will not come off like the Eaton. Will the fuel rails slide out though? In other words, can I put it together with stock rails and then swap them to bigger ones in a few weeks without pulling the blower? I would check myself, but my 60 lbers are not here yet and I already sold my blues!

Thanks,
TJ

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
you wont be able to get the rails out with the whipple installed.
btw where and how much did you sell your stock 39lb injectors for?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
tjvineyard said:
...snip... In other words, can I put it together with stock rails and then swap them to bigger ones in a few weeks without pulling the blower? ...snip...

NO. you have to atleast undo all the blower bolts and tip it side-to-side to do the rail swap.

I have a pic of some new rails I would like to show but can't just yet. They are new prototypes designed just for Whipples. Soon...........

Tat03Cobra

Established Member
Like the others said - No way will you get the rails out.
Like an a-hole, I had thought i could - had the blower all bolted down, then tried to slide the rails in and it just wasnt happening.

peace

tjvineyard

Sandbagger
Established Member
OK. That is what I was afraid of.

I sold the old injectors to a local guy for $120 but he is going to do some welding work for me as well. If you are trying to sell a set, check the "Want to Buy Parts" section. I saw someone posted there...

Thanks again,
TJ

tjvineyard

Sandbagger
Established Member
Postban -

Now? How about now? When can you show pics?

Where are the conflicts that necessitate "low profile rails" with an aftermarket blower? Is this something that could be addressed, indirectly, with the new "shorty" 60 lb SD injectors I am starting to see pop up?

Specs are at:

http://www.racetronix.com/S107FM.html

in a pdf file...

If these would clear, and only require relocating the mount tab on the rails, could we then use the Eaton designed rails? Or maybe even 99-01 rails?

TJ

Users who are viewing this thread