Fuel Question???? Please help

stock_mach

Established Member
I'm buying a cobra hat with two gt pumps to put in mach stock mach tank for now.. what else do i need for these pumps to work?? thanks guys

DarkMach1

Established Member
I thought GT pumps on a modified stock hat wasn't recommended? Oh well, I guess thats all you need, maybe a modified single FPDM or 2 FPDM.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
They work in a stock mach hat but cant run 1/4 tank or lower of gas under WOT or it will go lean. Should just need like DarkMach1 said, modified single FPDM or 2 FPDM.

stock_mach

Established Member
Thank you guys very much!! So I could just use a couple fpdm off a cobra? And if I get one off a 03-04 cobra do I need any kinda wiring harness? Thanks again

Black306

Established Member
Any model 99-04 Mustang FPDM will work. It doesn't have to be from a Cobra. Yes, you will need another FPDM connector. Ford sells them for ~$35 or you can clip one from a junk Mustang. The link in my sig will tell you how to wire it. If you have any questions, let me know.

EVO-lution

Established Member
I thought a modified FPDM would be better. the stock ones wouldn't be able to handle the 2 pumps. you can always sump your tank too :thumbup:

scotmach

Established Member
A Modified FPDM or two stock ones will work. I would also do a wire upgrade at the same time.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I thought a modified FPDM would be better. the stock ones wouldn't be able to handle the 2 pumps. you can always sump your tank too :thumbup:

I have my stock FPDM from the mach with 2 stock cobra pumps and dont have a problem. There is 5 other cars around here that runs a stock FPDM with no problems for yrs.

scotmach

Established Member
I have my stock FPDM from the mach with 2 stock cobra pumps and dont have a problem. There is 5 other cars around here that runs a stock FPDM with no problems for yrs.

On stock Cobra pumps then yes a stock FPDM is fine, it's when you start getting into GT pumps you must upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread