Fuel pumps won't stop priming

bluestang1724

Established Member
As the title says, my fuel pumps won't stop priming. So bad that the fuel line blew off at the rails twice from just having the key rolled forward.

I Ended up having the same problem while installing my BAP and dual FPDM so I brought everything back to stock and I'm still having the same issue. Any suggestion?

Blown38

Established Member
Kinda sounds like the incorrect tune is in the computer. Is the computer flashed or is it chipped?

bluestang1724

Established Member
Kinda sounds like the incorrect tune is in the computer. Is the computer flashed or is it chipped?

The previous owner did have a return setup prior to selling but put everything back to stock before selling. It was throwing a code for the fuel pumps when I picked her up but the pumps worked fine and primed as normal

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
When it primed as normal but threw the code what was the code and what did you do to change it to your current config?
It sounds like the tune was modified for the return setup. You may have a relay that is stuck in the ccrm. May try removing power and tapping on the ccrm which is located behind the passenger headlight in the wheel well

bluestang1724

Established Member
When it primed as normal but threw the code what was the code and what did you do to change it to your current config?
It sounds like the tune was modified for the return setup. You may have a relay that is stuck in the ccrm. May try removing power and tapping on the ccrm which is located behind the passenger headlight in the wheel well

The only thing I did was attempt to install the dual fpdm and bap and ran into nothing but problems since so I put it back. I had that set up on my 03 and everything worked great. I actually picked up a CCRM for $50 so I guess we'll see what happens when it gets here

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
Dual FPDM and a Bap requires Ford GT Fuel pump voltage tables or similar not to mention upgraded wires to the pumps. Look up black306 he is very smart and helpful with returnless systems.

cj428mach

Established Member
Make sure your tune isn't corrupt, as a bad tune will cause the fuel pump to run full time. On my street rod with a QH sometimes when I flash it the pump will run full time and the car will usually start and run like complete crap. Just reflash it again and the pump will act normal and the car will start.

If you just loaded a new tune and have the problem it could easily be the issue.

Jiffy

Established Member
yup - the more I hear, the less it sounds like it, but I'll describe how I had this issue too.
When I put in the BAP, I followed the instructions on the installation sheet and put it between the FPDM and the pumps. I did not use the Hobbs switch and shorted the Hobbs switch wires. This mean that the BAP was taking whatever voltage that came out of the BAP and DROVE it up as high as it could and that meant the pumps were running full-on and I had a permanent 130lbs of fuel pressure.
With the Hobbs switch removed, I needed to move the FPDM to being between the BAP and the pumps, this solved that issue.
However, you've had this setup before so I can't imagine that you're making this rookie error....

Users who are viewing this thread