Fuel pump wont kick on

gotmach1224

03RedDevil
Established Member
Alright so I have a 2000 GT. Parked the car 9 months ago to start my turbo project. Finally finished the car yesterday and tried to start it for the first time. The car turns over but will not fire. Problems; I left the battery out of the car for those whole 9 months, also when I turn the key I have a rapid flashing THEFT light and my odometer reads ------ I checked with a test light, no power to the pump. I tried jumping the pump still no power. I've also checked all of the fuses and they are good as well. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be or what else I can do to get the car started.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Was it a new fuel pump? If it was old, your pump probably died and needs replaced.

Although I'm not sure how PATS affects the pump.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
did a quick google, check your fuel pump relay. A bad relay can trigger the PATS system.

gotmach1224

03RedDevil
Established Member
where is the relay exactly? keep hearing about different places. also i talked to bbr and the tuner there said sounds like i had a bad ground and fried the pcm

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I think it's under the dash, but could possibly be in the engine compartment. Not entirely sure which one.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
If you live in a typically wet climate, it is possible water/moisture/condensation got somewhere and damaged a ground, which could damage electronic components like the pcm.

gotmach1224

03RedDevil
Established Member
Thanks for the tips. I'm gonna hopefully try some stuff out tmrw. I don't think weather is an issue though because it's been sitting in a garage.

gotmach1224

03RedDevil
Established Member
I went ahead and cleaned up all of the grounds before hand but I'm going to check again to see if I missed anything

Users who are viewing this thread