Fuel pump time and probably ignition

Ginsu

Established Member
Well, I have narrowed down a decrease in performance in my car. I need a new fuel pump is one of the items. Since I bought the car in the last part of '00 I knew the stock pump was on the last legs so who and what brand to buy? My objective is a 225 and I have thought of a BBK, any other recommendations? What about ignition? I am considering a dig 4 MSD.

Otherwise I am looking at buying a set of 30lb injectors and a MAF for them. That will be alittle while but the next on my wish list.

------------------
Rob
1995 Mustang Cobra #1533/4005
Modifications
SVTPerfomance Moderator: SN95 Cobra and Donut Cafe

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I don't have any recommendations about the fuel pump but I don't think the DIS 4 will work on your car. You will have to go with the 6 I believe.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The DIS 2's & 4's are for distributorless ignitions. You could go with the digital 6 or 7 box though. The 7 is a pretty hefty chunk of change, and is a more race geared item.

Side note for you 4.6 guys thinking about the MSD. You need to go ahead and buy 2 tach adapters. They claim only the 98's need the adapters. Unfortunately I found out that the 96-97 Cobras can need them also. My car didn't want to crank, stay runing, and caused a check engine light. Slapped on the 2 adapters and it was A OK.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
You'z in luck! If you are interested... I have a *NEW* in the box Holley (Walbro) 255-lph that I can let go for a steal... Uh, I mean DEAL Mr. Ocifer ;^)

------------------
"Neighborhood Bullies"

'94 COBRA
'93 LIGHTNING

SNK BITN

Established Member
Walbro fuel pumps are the only way to go brotha. I've got the Walbro GSS340, made for forced induction applications. You may want to look into that incase you decide on a power adder later. Some of my N/A friends are using it, pretty quiet too.

I don't know about much about ignitions but I have only seen the 5.0's using the MSD 6AL. You can try that or Jacobs ignition. Good luck.

------------------
96 Lazer Red Cobra #2247
FRPP 3:73 gears, FRPP 9mm wires/plugs, SVO tach, 87mm Pro-M, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, ASP balancer pulleys, BBK offroad H-Pipe, Centerforce DF Clutch, NOS 100HP shot

dynoed at: 278HP/278TQ
w/100shot: 345HP/378TQ

Midwest Mustang Association Member

Ginsu

Established Member
:)

Tim, that sounds like a doable thing! Let me know how much you want for it. As of now I will not be able to buy it right away. Yesterday I closed on my house and alot of money suddenly disappeared! And I have moving costs and start up utilities costs. So once all of that is taken care of lets try and make this happen! Once I get my internet set up at my house I will email you.

Originally posted by SVT X 2
You'z in luck! If you are interested... I have a *NEW* in the box Holley (Walbro) 255-lph that I can let go for a steal... Uh, I mean DEAL Mr. Ocifer ;^)

------------------
"Neighborhood Bullies"

'94 COBRA
'93 LIGHTNING

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
65 bux sound okay?? If I don't sell it, it's no big deal because it'll fit a TON of cars! It's actually (get this) a universal GM pump! BUT, b4 you think I've cracked up, I know it's the same because I have the same exact pump in right now!

I had that other Holley 255 w/a bad check valve, and I had a buddy with 2 new universal GM 255's. He brought them over (even though I insisted they wouldn't work), and I looked at them and it's the same exact pump! Serial number and all... so I bought both of 'em from him since it would fit a slew of cars, how funny.

If the girlfriends Bonne was an SSEi (SSE), I'd keep it for that and hop up the blown luxo sport. I supppose the minute I sell the pump, her's will go!

For anyone else's info: I'm also selling my Pro-M 75mm Bullet calibrated fro 19# injectors and filter in stock location.... $140

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread