Fuel pump strainer/sock/filter availability?

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Anyone know if you can get a pair of fuel pump strainers separately from the fuel pumps? Have had no luck at Ford or parts houses and noone seems to think they are available...

mack83

Established Member
I seen a post a month or two back where Tousley can't get the OEM ones, but can get aftermarket strainers for the cars. Give 'em a ring.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I seen a post a month or two back where Tousley can't get the OEM ones, but can get aftermarket strainers for the cars. Give 'em a ring.

I saw that post but can't seem to find anything that will for sure fit from a parts house. I guess we're gonna pull a factory pump and do some fitting.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Good luck. I still need to call Fore as they supposedly have them. Someone said Lethal had them also but they said no today when I was ordering some stuff :/

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I can send u my brand new ones I that came with my GT pumps. I have an extra set... just pay for shipping

Ill have to check and make sure I still have them first haha

Stalker27

Established Member
Finally found the part number for the fuel pump strainers!

Airtex FS175

Airtex 110-FS175 - Airtex Fuel Pump Strainers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Dude you're awsome. I can't believe it's this difficult finding strainers for our cars :nonono:

I also read the link & was shocked when it said: These Airtex fuel pump strainers are the first line of defense against premature pump failure. Nearly 75 percent of all aftermarket fuel pump failures are caused by a contaminated fuel system so be sure to use one of these fuel pump strainers on your next fuel pump repair.

Makes sense actually. I know when i got my car 1st thing i did was change the fuel filter & the liquid that came out of it was so orange it staind my driveway. That fuel filter has been on for close to a year now until it was at the shop when my car was being dynoed with a 275 pulley & i maxed the pumps out 4200rpm. Guys think its a bad fuel pump going out. Anyways they changed the fuel filter and said it was clean. So i got my new pumps in & was lookng all over the place for strainers till you came through. Can't thank you enough.

Last edited:

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Im reviving this thread... anyone else running these successfully? I bought them and noticed how much smaller they are than the stock ones. Should that matter? I can take a pic of stock vs these.

Blueline

Established Member
I believe I used the model #199. I have to confirm when I get home. I used the w twin gt pumps in my kurgan hat

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
I just went through all of this and figured someone in same situation would apericiate the input. I would like to hear others opinions on what hoses, clamps, strainers/socks, PPRV delete (yes or no). This is a beat to death topic, but I was in the mood to wipe some asses today.

Just wanted everyone to know the differences between the Airtex FS175's and FS199's ...

The 175's are more factory sized, but there's no little star/crush ring for the little nipple by the inlet which means you rely on the inlet ring only to hold strainer on. Also, there's like a secondary screen right under the inlet in the molded plastic ... I see this as a restriction.

The 199's, slightly larger then stock (fit just fine), and they don't have that secondary screen right under the inlet. Between the size and the inlet design, I see them as less of a restriction. Also, this strainer has the little star ring/ crush collar-washer .... So it is much more secure on bottom of pump.

While on topic, the in tank hoses: Use Gates part # 20793, that is the submersible 30R10 hose. About 25-30 dollars and bought by the foot. Clamps, I use a stainless injection clamp. Would have rather used the crimped ear style like the factory uses, but they're such a pain in the ass to find without ordering them from the Internet. One more thing, use "Unicoil" up on the hoses coming off the pumps, I do this to eliminate the worry about kinking or collapsing the hose(s). McMaster-Carr carries everything I have mentioned.

I have found a few places that carry the factory corrugated hose, but seen too many pictures of failures, particularily the hose blowing apart under heat/pressure.

One more thing, I don't particularly see the necessity for a PPRV delete on most applications. I believe this is why some people have blown hose/line and FRPS issues blowing out. Returnless systems need a way to relive themselves, just my opinion (I'm open minded to another with a good explanation). Yes, I've had the cut out a half a dozen times with my car, but it only did it when I was peddling the throttle doing a burnout trying to keep the car out of a ditch and whatnot ... My car has never been to the strip, so my take will be different then others I'm sure. If I ever did a PPRV delete, I'd carry a spare FRPS with me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread