Fuel Pump Relay, 1991 LX

cobra4v04

Established Member
I'm helping my brother work on a project car and we have a problem with the fuel system, car cranks over, has spark, but won't start.

I want to check the fuel pump relay but the problem is that this car is a converted over 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder and the wiring is a mess. I'm not sure if the drivetrain is a 1991 or not, I think I found the relay on the passenger side fenderwell under the MAF but I need a part number to make sure I have the right one.
Anyone that has replaced one, do you have a part number?

Tango7

Established Member
Don't have a part number but the fuel pump relay is in the front there should be two relays right beside each other and they are the same.. I thought mine was bad and it turned out to be the ignition switch.. It was in three peices.. Mine would try to fire acted just like it was out of fuel..

ScrpnVNM

Established Member
'91-'93 have the relay on the RH strut tower. Do you hear the fuel pump priming? How much fuel pressure? (check after the pump has primed. I believe 35-40psi is normal).

Check this article. You have narrowed it down to fuel system, so scroll down a bit:http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,588.0.html
from sbftech.com

Good luck!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread