Fuel pump problem/return system install

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
So after installing a lethal 1400 hp fuel system (run in as a true return system), the car throws a code after loading a tune that s fuel pump is disconnected. It should because the old pump is not being connected to anything since the new pumps wired in. Now my gas gauge reads that nothing was put in after i put gas in. I know the car has gas but won't read that i put gas?
Does anyone know what i am missing here?
Also it reads 30 psi at idle then goes to 40 driving up to 1800-2000 rpm so i know its getting fuel pressure. Im not sure what i am missing can anyone help

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
As far as the tank not reading right, your level sender may be stuck with the crossover tube or wiring. The system also might just have to be cleared of all codes and see what it does. When I did my fuel pumps I had a similar code, (can't remember exactly what it was), but I just cleared it and it never came back. I hope that is the same for you. If not, I would just double check all connections including in the fuel hat to make sure nothing came disconnected installing the hat itself.

Last edited:

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
Yes I pulled some logs for the tuner and see what's going on, but going to have to driver it over to my mechanics place, to go over the conections again would it e safe to drive 15 miles under no boost?

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Yeah if it's running fine for a trip around the block it should be fine. Like you said, stay out of boost and just baby it there. I was running on one pump for a little while unknowingly....

Users who are viewing this thread