Fuel pump not working!!!!

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
My yellow top died and when I replaced the battery, my car did not start. I have the Lethal Performance 99-04 4V Budget Return Style Fuel System (Cobra / Mach-1). I checked all the connections, fuses in the trunk (for the fuel system) under the steering wheel, under the hood (by the battery). Before the battery died, my fuel pump started when the ignition was in the on position. I don't hear it working anymore. The car cranks but it does not turn on.

The anti theft system is working fine. I reset it back to the factory tune and installed the custom tune again and nothing.

Any suggestion?

Last edited:

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Jump the pumps to confirm pressure at fuel rail. 2 wire connector above tank

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Bang on the fuel tank and then try priming again. Sometimes that shock can help then loosen back up and start. If it does you know they’re done and need replacing. Kinda like tapping a dead starter..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cj428mach

Established Member
Check your relays and see if they re energizing. If so then see if you re getting juice through the relays. My first thought is when you changed the battery you missed a power wire.

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
I checked the wires and one gets power but the second one does not. Taking it to my buddy's shop. Thanks for the answers

Users who are viewing this thread