Fuel pump issue on L, why?

cartersfosicks

New to the L
Established Member
Well i was soooooo happy w/my new truck untill sat. I went to step on the gas, and nothing, just a bunch of backfiring and i actually slowed down instead of accelerating. So i drove home and called ford. I knew right away it was a fuel problem, but then my check engine light came on.....hmmmmm. not to worry, the light was only for a 02 sensor. but that was not the trucks problem.

took it to ford, come to find out the fuel pump took a crap.
service rep told me it was gona be 889 dollars, i looked at him and said, "you guys are gona take care of that under warranty arent ya?" he said nope!!!!!

I was ready to blow up, just bought the friggin truck about 2 1/2 weeks ago and now you want 900 bucks to fix it. I went and bitched up a storm to the used car manager and the end result was me paying 220, and they will take care of the rest.

ANY OF YOU OTHER LIGHTNING DRIVERS EVER HAD FUEL PUMP ISSUES? I only have exauhst, intake and a maf.
2001 L, 27K miles

I'D WIN

Established Member
Upgrade your fuel pumps to a dual 255lph kit~

$200 (est.) complete install kit from LFP.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i have a brand new stock unit still in the factory sealed box that I paid about $400 for when I had problems with mine. Make an offer if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread