Fuel pump help?!?!

fastlif

Established Member
I have a evo/kb stage 3. Finally got it on the dyno today and im running out of fuel. The fuel pumps are at 100% at 5500 and losing pressure by 5800. My boostapump has 18v output and 72# injectors. I wanted to set up a racegas tune with 2 7/8 pulley but do not have enough fuel. I really didn't want a return style fuel system and thought the stock pumps were plenty for this power level. My tuner says to try new stock pumps as mine must be bad. They only have 6000 miles on them. Anyone have any advise? We did change the fuel filter just incase. Help guys! I'm registered for the Texas mile in October and need more power!

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
What power level are you at?

I talked with lethal the other day about upgrading the fuel hat with their level one returnless system, but I wanted to do Walbro pumps (bigger) because I'm considering going to E85. They told me to get the Walbros to fit they would send the return style hat and I would just have to block off the return if I wanted to stay returnless. About half the cost of a full up return system and with the BAP hooked up they should be able to move alot of fuel.

fastlif

Established Member
Only made 660 as is. I was under the impression stock with a boostapump was good for over 700. ?!?!?!?!?!?

fastlif

Established Member
I really prefer NOT going with a return style system. 2 7/8 pulley (~20#) is my max expected hp level.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
what about FRPP new fuel pump setup they use in there new Whipple kits

HARLEYDEALER

Established Member
Something sounds wrong with your factory system to me.
+1, if I was going to replace pumps, not saying their bad, could be fuel filter, I would do with GT40 fuel pumps. Pumps about 15% more. Regardless, you are correct, your system should be good to 700+, with that system we were running 750+ and with a shot of nitrous 900. Good luck, Bill

fastlif

Established Member
+1, if I was going to replace pumps, not saying their bad, could be fuel filter, I would do with GT40 fuel pumps. Pumps about 15% more. Regardless, you are correct, your system should be good to 700+, with that system we were running 750+ and with a shot of nitrous 900. Good luck, Bill

We changed the filter. I don't know what else it could be other than a bad pump or pumps. If I have 18v coming out of the boostapump...right? Anyone know what or how to check?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
maybe you're making more power then you think? Dyno's can read very differently from on to another... just a thought

AMB

Established Member
fastlif

How do you have the BAP installed?? Before or after the FPDM ?? It should be installed "BEFORE" the FPDM.:thumbsup:

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Fastlif, if you found any resolve to this problem, please me know. Came across the EXACT same problem yesterday on the dyno and would like to have a starting point. Thanks man, Quade.

sofaKINGfast

Established Member
had the same problem...the rubber that seals the pump to the hat was loose and bypassing fuel at about 50 psi....as soon as pump would go full duty cycle (spike 55psi) pressure would dive to 39-41 psi...I put a thick o-ring between the pump and seal...

Users who are viewing this thread