fuel pump going out?

grant007

Established Member
on the way to the shelby meet yesterday my t-stat hung up 258F and was overheating :??: . well it finally cooled off and stayed at 200ish. its something to do with the fan relay im sure,due to overheats when the ac is on. well on the way back. it stay 198. but when trying to give it some romp in the upper rpms. the fuel pressure drops doen to like 14psi to 18 then left off gas it goen back to normal.. then when i get to a little past 1/4 tank left. its acting like its starving 1st gear 2nd its bogging bad, pull over closer to home at a fuel stop feel it up and there is no bogging all power is back. ive had my diablo tuner hooked up and monitoring this whole weekend. i replaced the FRPS before the trip due to the code. fun times
fred G :burnout:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
dude, you've most likely hosed that motor pretty good. 258 is easily to the point where you will warp the heads.

your problem does seem pump related, but filling it up should not have any effect unless you are sucking the basket dry.

what pump are you running.

grant007

Established Member
ok, high fan speed not working, bad fuel presure (signal/voltage?), and frps code (already replaced once this weekend).
these are all in the ccrm right? or from another post its a vacume line broke.
its always funny how simular threads tend to pop up at the same time..
thanks guys for brain storming with me.

Users who are viewing this thread