Fuel pump failures

125oh

Established Member
I'm still trying to decide on my Paxton setup . Has there been any fuel pump failures on pump gas and BAP? I have easy access to e85 and would love to use it but I just don't have the money for a fuel system yet.

Vert

Established Member
A few running a BAP have had to replaced the fuel pump. Its best to install a BAP that only increases the volts when you hit the boost and you should get longevity out of the pump.

125oh

Established Member
I know some have had problems on e85 , that's why I'm second guessing my plans . I'm wondering about reg 93

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I don't think its e85 vs 93 that kills the pump its the extra voltage. It wont matter if its 93 or 85. With 93 you probably wont need a BAP on the stock pulley. I know 2 people locally that have had their pumps go out from BAPs that run all the time. Get the JMS or one that runs on a hobbs switch. My pump has lasted 12k miles so far with the JMS.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Ok fine let me go buy a 1400 dollar Fore setup ^ those pumps will never go bad, kidding haha I'm going throw a nice fuel pressure gauge on try to keep a real close eye on it and hook up a failsafe.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I bought the stage one kit through Beefcake. Then some Fore fuel rails fell in my lap at a price I couldn't pass up, so I called Fore and ordered a couple fittings and turned the stage one kit into a true return system.

CPRsm

I think is fuel related to E85 because of the volume. Higher volume and the pump REALLY has to spin. The pumps in the lower HP cars that aren't PUSHING the pump, seem to live fine. Mostly nitrous guys from what I see. 100-150 hp, no big deal. When you start seeing 650-700rwhp is when you start to see guys losing them.

RusWolf

Established Member
OP I have a Vortech programmable BAP for sale BRAND NEW and never used. it is boost referenced i believe so it will only push voltage as needed not high voltage all of the time like VMP.

And i agree with CPRism, i also think it's fuel related not only voltage as E85 requires more fuel as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread