fuel pump dead

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Fuel pump died this week so replaced it with a walbro 255lph pump and swapped the fuel filter out too. All i can say is it was a pain in the ass. Had a full tank of gas which only complicated it. Getting the fuel filler neck out sucked as did disconnecting the fuel filter. Overall from start to finish took about 6 hours including putting the gas back in the car. Not hard or complicated just difficult clips and tight spaces at times...but she lives!

01yellercobra

Established Member
Hopefully you got a pump that's designed for a returnless system. If you didn't this was just a practice run.

Slowbra01

Established Member
i want to replace my dead fuel pump.
Got any pictures of the tank removal and installation?
What are the steps in replacing the pump once you have the assembly out of the tank?

Was also wondering, I see some ford Gt pumps for sale in the market... will those work with our stock hats? Will modification be needed?

01yellercobra

Established Member
You'll need to modify the wiring. The GT pumps have spade connectors. And the outlet is 5/16" instead of 3/8". Which isn't a big deal if the stock line is with the pump. As for physical size I think they're the same. I remember them being the same size as the Cobra pumps I took out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread