Fuel Pump cutoff wiring question (AMB?) Who has schematics?

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
I'm doing the fuel pump wiring upgrade and want to make sure I don't remove from the circuit the fuel pump cutoff relay: the one that trips when there is an accident. The wire colors coming out of the relay: 2 wires, one white and one black, thats it. I am going to upgrade the wiring to the pumps as well and need to know where hte relay is in the system since nothing coming out of the FPDM is solid white? There is a solid black but I thought that went direct to ground. The pump wires are Red/Black (Ground) and Brown/Pink (Positive).

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
IS that the best way to wire it up? After looking at it it looks like they are pushing too much power through the FPDM. We made two others that we finished last nite. I will post them and ask for people to creteique them.

GodStang

Established Member
We used the same drawing as the first guys and moved stuff around. Not sure if this is better.

BAPdwg2.jpg

GodStang

Established Member
It came out to small. I will have to remake it and try to get it posted tonite.

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
GodStang, your drawing shows the BAP wired POST FPDM. If you are going to leave it as POST FPDM then upgrade the Black/Red as well from the pumps to the FPDM to 12gauge. Also, upgrade the solid black ground coming out of the FPDM to 12 or 10 gauge and send it to a good ground. AMB can give you ALL the info you would want as to why putting it pre-FPDM is thought to be better and can reference his own experience. I need to go drive mine to prove out why Pre is better, I ran around with post FPDM and had major cutouts occasionally (this w/ MJ's upgraded FPDM and Aviator pumps and a Post FPDM BAP and no wire or fuel line upgrades). I do know from personal experience that if you put it post, and don't upgrade the wire size, and you run pumps with a large draw like Aviators in my case, the draw is so much that the heat created will melt plastic wire loom quickly and the stock 14g wire jacket over time and start to burn the wires.

I'm with you, I HATE putting all that juice through the FPDM, the 14 gauge wires on that harness are just too small. BTW, what is the wire color for the FPDM Duty Cycle wire and the FPDM Status Output, I can't read it on your diagram.

Users who are viewing this thread