fuel pump cutoff switch on a cobra???

bhollie

Established Member
has anyone done this on a 03/04 cobra? I was wanting to install one for extra security.
thanks.

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
There should already be one with the reset button in the trunk area.

sniperfox2.jpg

BO TY KLR

Established Member
I think he's talking about a way to wire in a relay(with hidden switch) to disable the pumps.

bhollie

Established Member
ttt

thats right, im wanting a hidden switch to disable the pump(s) so even if they get past the alarm, club, etc. they can only get so far.
any ideas? thanks

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Very easy to do. You can either use the cut off switch in the trunk as a source or the fuel pump relay. Simply wire a switch in series. Use the manual to ensure you don't start cutting the wrong wires. However, you may end up setting soft codes in the ECM if you try and start the car with the system diabled. But I guess that is no big issue. I would also look into finding either the ground wire to the relay or the pumps and put the switch there. That would be a much safer installation. As a matter of fact, the more I think about it, I would definitely use the ground side switch.

By the way, like you mention, they won't get very far with this switch. Not far at all. The car won't start...

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Relays are easy to install. Your local parts shop should have sealed fog lamp relays. Some even come with a blade fuse built in to save you the hassle of wiring a fuse up. All you need are 4 wires. Run one to the fuse box or battery (which is even better. Put a label on it that says "ALARM") for power to the on/off switch. One from the switch to the relay. One to ground from the relay. The other to the wires to the + line of the pump.

I'm thinking of doing this really sneakily myself by putting the switch in the center console under the rubber cup holder insert. :thumbsup:

EDIT: One other thing. For safety I recommend soldering all connections together, including the blade connectors.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Here's what I'm referring to:

DSC04065340.jpg

The relay even comes with a mounting tab. Oh and you can even remove the fuse if you want to get really nasty about it. :thumbsup:

bhollie

Established Member
sounds good

does anyone have a wiring diagram on how to do this on a cobra? I dont have a manual,,,or a link where to get the info online?
thanks guys.

lucafu1

Established Member
i had a fuel cut off swith on my 5.0
but these dont work agianst flat beds.
i wish they did.

Users who are viewing this thread