Fuel pump and suspension question

97gt-svt

Established Member
Sorry if this is a dumb question but this is my first 4.6 liter mustang and I am trying to learn as much as I can about them. First question, I think my fuel pump is going out somtimes when I start it, it dies right away then I turn the key again and let the fuel pump run and it fires right up. My car still has the stock 97 gt pump, should I run a stock cobra fuel pump or put somthing better in like a 255lb? Second has anyone tried laurel mountian mustang lowering springs? thanks for any help

97gt-svt

Established Member
Ok sorry for not doing more resurce before the post, I only have the stock fuel pump for the gt which I found out is only a 190 and a stock cobra comes with a 255 so that is proly why my car falls on its face after 5500 rpms. Still curious about the springs thou.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
its a 96 cobra engine? they have 190 stock fuel pump, or a 155 or something. no cobra has ever come from the factory stock with a 255 fuel pump.

97gt-svt

Established Member
Ok I guess I dont know what the hell I am talking about then, What size fuel pump do you guys recomend.

Users who are viewing this thread