Fuel Problems

0103SVT

Established Member
The other day I was driving down the road in my 01 Lightning and the RPM's just dropped off like I was idleing at a stop light. When I pulled over to stop it died. I got it started again and drove about 1/2 mile before it did the same thing again. It hasn't started since. It turns over but there is nothing there. I checked all the wires and hoses to the fuel pumps because I just installed twin 255's about 2 months ago and thought maybe something came loose. When I turn the key you can't hear the pumps kick on which tells me they are not working. I also checked the shrader(sp?) valve on the fuel rail and there is no fuel there either which tells me there is no fuel getting to the motor. I'm going to change out the fuel relays today and the fuel filter and see if that works. I don't think that those pumps would be bad after 1000 miles of driving but I know that's not completly out of the question. I'm was also getting a P1132 and P1152 code before this happened. If you guys can think of anything else that it could be please let me know. If the relays and filter doesn't work then I am out of options that I can think ofand will have to take it in which I don't really want to do. All mods are below in my sig. Thanks

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Did you have power at the pumps?

Those two codes indicate a "rich" condition BTW...In case your scanner just listed them as undocumented or something. I once had a Diablosport program that dumped too much fuel and have heard of this happening on other trucks as well. I didn't set any codes, but it could be possible.

Edit-I don't no whose chip you're using so chip thing may be irrelevant.

Last edited:

0103SVT

Established Member
I just looked the codes up and this is what it says for them. If anybody can tell what the HO2S11/21 Switches are I would greatly appreciate that. I know it's been running rich and I'm waiting on RWTD to open back up so I can get another tune.
P1132 Lack Of HO2S11 Switches - Sensor Indicates Rich
P1152 Lack Of HO2S21 Switches - Sensor Indicates Rich

I didn't have a 12v tester last night with me but I plan on checking that tonight too.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Those are the two front ones. Bank one being on the right, 1-2-3-4, and bank 2 being on the left, 5-6-7-8.

Edit-Almost forgot to answer the question. HO2S is Heated Oxygen Sensor. They are likely good. You just may be running too rich.

Another edit-To avoid confusion-Right and left are assumed from the drivers p.o.v. in our trucks and most other autos. Bank 1 being passenger(right) and bank 2 being driver(left) in our trucks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread