Fuel prices near you

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I promised my daughter a 9 day road trip to Cali in July. I made the plans 2 years ago
I'm sorry, the gas prices will take turns gang raping your wallet (especially if you take your Lightning), but in the long run that sounds like the type of trip that lasts a lifetime for both of you, the gas prices will just be a part of that story. The memories are worth it and more in the long run.
Enjoy that trip and make those memories that you can't help but look back and smile.

Sent from my S22 Ultra using Tapatalk

Dusten

Established Member
I'm sorry, the gas prices will take turns gang raping your wallet (especially if you take your Lightning), but in the long run that sounds like the type of trip that lasts a lifetime for both of you, the gas prices will just be a part of that story. The memories are worth it and more in the long run.
Enjoy that trip and make those memories that you can't help but look back and smile.

My lightning runs E85. I can't even get out of the state due to limited fuel stations

We are taking my diesel Land cruiser. Which is better in fuel, but costs a fortune because it's diesel.

I'm expecting about 1200 in fuel alone.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
The price of diesel is just stupid right now even compared to premium gas, thankfully it has a bit more bang for the buck, hopefully you'll have light winds and keep that Landrover happy.
E85 is great but you have to map out who has it even here in Kansas and you have to plan routes based on weather as the wind average is 15mph. I can swap to 91 and basically turn the boost controler down to 0 and run off the wastegate, but that's not as practical for a supercharged Lightning.

If you don't have a travel credit card with rewards for gas, I believe discover is doing 5% back on gas april-may-june and limit is $500 to $1,500 based on what card. Not much, but better than nothing.

Dusten

Established Member
The price of diesel is just stupid right now even compared to premium gas, thankfully it has a bit more bang for the buck, hopefully you'll have light winds and keep that Landrover happy.
E85 is great but you have to map out who has it even here in Kansas and you have to plan routes based on weather as the wind average is 15mph. I can swap to 91 and basically turn the boost controler down to 0 and run off the wastegate, but that's not as practical for a supercharged Lightning.

If you don't have a travel credit card with rewards for gas, I believe discover is doing 5% back on gas april-may-june and limit is $500 to $1,500 based on what card. Not much, but better than nothing.

In have a Costco/visa that nets 4%. I use it for fuel and pay the balance weekly.

I have a tune for 92 and a pulley setup. But the truck just isn't the same and i refuse to run it.

As far as e85, there are only 2 stations in the state. I live 5 minutes from one. I don't really care to drive the lightning more than 30-40 miles at a time. I have a 210 mile range on e85 and can extend that to 290 with 2 cans in the bed. That's farther than I can to spend in the truck. So for me, it works.

beau t

Established Member
If you don't have a travel credit card with rewards for gas,

In have a Costco/visa that nets 4%. I use it for fuel and pay the balance weekly.

Do they not charge more where y'all are at to use a credit card, the reason i ask is around where i live they charge about 10 cent more a gallon to use a CC. Curious if this is just a southeast thing?

Dusten

Established Member
Do they not charge more where y'all are at to use a credit card, the reason i ask is around where i live they charge about 10 cent more a gallon to use a CC. Curious if this is just a southeast thing?

Varies by station here. Some do. Some don't.

But, look at this

The arco by my house charges

5.35 for cash
5.47 for card.

I tend to put about 18 gallons in.

5.35*18= $96.30
5.47*18= $98.46

I get 4% for using my card.

98.46*.04 = $3.94

So to use my card costs me an extra $2.16 over cash. When I use my card I earn almost $4 in cash back per tank.. So really, I still make $1.78 over cash.

But that's irrelevant because I use the Safeway by my house and it's 5.39 cash or card.

beau t

Established Member
Dusten,
Ah got it. Good to see some of your stations have a set price for either i don't think i have seen that here in close to 15 years.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Staying steady at $4.50 a gallon for the 89 octane at Mobil this morning. (Truck fill up.)

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Here in Kansas it's very rare. In Wichita aside Sam's or Costco the gas prices are the same everywhere. Only time I've seen the 10c more for a card is one or two little stations (without a town nearby) along I70, and usually for just diesel.
There is too much competition and most stores are like quiktrip / corporate owned. So the smaller stores are forced to follow them. No Safeway here, just Dillons (kroger) and Walmart, but only dillons sells fuel and their premium fuel which is closer to 89 than 91 will give me knock in several cars, while QT gas my knock sensors stay quiet even if I add a bit more boost, but that car has a taste for alcohol. It will run on gas but it loves e85.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Diesel down to 4.99 here over the weekend. Was still $157 and change to fill up my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread