Fuel Pressure

BuddhaSVT

Established Member
When you turn the key to off and kill the engine, is the fuel pressure guage needle supposed to drop instantly to zero or hold pressure for a while?

PowerCobra98

Yes, mine is better.
Established Member
Ok, let's use our head here...:bash:

Providing you have an aftermarket electrical gauge, the gauge will register nothing when there is no power to it. Why you ask, because it's ELECTRICAL and you just turned off power to it.

Now, you will still have pressure in the fuel system and you'd find that out really quick if you opened a line but as far as the gauge goes no power equals no pressure.

Last edited:

BuddhaSVT

Established Member
I'm not talking about an electrical guage...but thanks anyway for trying to make an ass of me:beer:

edit: lol... but honestly, thanks for the the honest answer:)

Last edited:

BuddhaSVT

Established Member
the mechanical guage, sorry for not specifying.

I'll try to be more specific. I'm asking for a buddy of mine so the details aren't so great. His 96 cobra is supercharged, i think he said a novi1000. After 4k rpm his car hesitates at WOT. He thinks it may be a fuel problem. I told him to check his FPR, injectors, etc. He took it to a mechanic and they told him his guage was showing a leak in fuel pressure because once he turned the car off the needle dropped straight to zero instead of holding at a certain number for a few minutes. He wants to know if they were bs'ing him; I couldn't answer his question so i asked you guys.

BuddhaSVT

Established Member
i believe he had the DIS4 but took it out months ago without any problems. I'll check the gap for him...but i'm guessing it's in the .03X range. Thanks powercobra

Users who are viewing this thread