Fuel Pressure problems

97NA_Cobra

Established Member
It's been a while since I last posted but I'm still alive.

Here's my problem. At idle my fuel pressure sits at about 30 psi. When I get on it, the pressure jumps to about 38psi but then slowly drops as the speed increases, just before I shift the fuel pressure is around 28 psi.

I have an Aeromotive AFPR and the fuel pump is stock. What does the drop in pressure indicate (new pump, filter, FPR?). Thanks for the help guys.

98(oBra\/ert

Established Member
97NA_Cobra said:
Bueller? Bueller?
Check your fuel filter, maybe you fuel pump is on its way out, check your voltage at the pump also on wot also.
What is an AFPR?

Last edited:

97NA_Cobra

Established Member
AFPR- Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

The drop only occurs at WOT. At partial throttle the fuel pressure acts normal. Forgot to mention that earlier.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
You need to set static FP at idle WITHOUT vacuum. Just disconnect the vacuum line at the AFPR, set it at 40psi or so, then reconnect it. Anyways, I would start at the fuel-filter as stated, and go from there.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
it seems like your pressures are ok until high rpm. Id always start with the fuel filter. Its cheap and easy.

After that, id say that the fuel pump isn't keeping up, which would probably indicate a dying pump, but that shouldn't be too hard to fix.

97NA_Cobra

Established Member
RippinSVT said:
You need to set static FP at idle WITHOUT vacuum. Just disconnect the vacuum line at the AFPR, set it at 40psi or so, then reconnect it. Anyways, I would start at the fuel-filter as stated, and go from there.

The pressure is set at 40psi with no vacuum, but it never reaches that high once the vacuum is attached and it's running at WOT.

Users who are viewing this thread