Fuel pressure gauge rail mount install pics

Toasty

Established Member
I havent done one yet on my 97, but n the Foxes I have owned, I purchased a 'T' fitting, screwed the pressure gauge into it so it was 'face out' , screwed the 'T' into the fuel rail, and then reinstalled the schraeder valve.

TO relieve the fuel pressure, I'd unplug the fuel pump inertia switch in the trunk, and then run the engine until it stalls. This is the procedure that my Chiltons recommends.

*BUY A CHILTONS/HAYNES MANUAL*. I've taken to leaving mine beside my computer these days to answer questions for those of you that choose not to read/cant read. 60-70% of the questions I see asked in here are answered in these manuals and take *seconds* to look up. The manuals also detail safety warnings and instructions I often dont include for brevity, but said warnings and instructions need to be followed nonetheless. You've been warned.

Last edited:

98cobradan

Established Member
this one doenst go into the shraeder valve. i saw a pic yesterday on here of one but cant find it where i went:(. there is a pressure valve on the passenger side rail, right up front, looks like a tire valve stem.

98cobradan

Established Member
right here guys, looks like a tire valve stem, i was told the gauge mounts up right there
carpics077.gif

Toasty

Established Member
Tire valve stem == schreader valve, no?

Bleed your fuel pressure, unscrew the valve, rig up a "T" fitting so you can remount your pressure gauge and the valve at the point shown in the above pic.

Last edited:

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
yup, thats pretty much it...

and i wouldnt let the car run to releive pressure. just let it sit over night, take that cap off, get a small screw driver and a few rags, push the schrader valve in and let it leak down.

98cobradan

Established Member
Last edited:

98cobradan

Established Member
Tire valve stem == schreader valve, no?

Bleed your fuel pressure, unscrew the valve, rig up a "T" fitting so you can remount your pressure gauge and the valve at the point shown in the above pic.

dohhh thought the shreader valve was located somewhere else

98cobradan

Established Member

and i wouldnt let the car run to releive pressure. just let it sit over night, take that cap off, get a small screw driver and a few rags, push the schrader valve in and let it leak down.

yep the car will be sitting over night, i will however hit the enertia switch then run the car till it dies, then let it sit over night. im also installing a Aeromotive FPR, any tips for that?? seems straight forward, two bolts and a vacuum hose. im following these instructions from aeromotive
http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/pdf/13102.pdf

caliboy08

Established Member
if you are installing the AFPR as well, just mount the gauge to the regulator body. Thats what i did on my 5.0. I haven't done it to the cobra yet. Get the aeromotive gauge and it screws right in...

as for relieving fuel pressure...2 ways.... either press the inertia switch and run the car til it dies, then crank a few extra times... or let it sit, and pull the valve core out and get some rags...

fourvalvegt

Established Member
im pretty sure your going to need a 1/16th male to 1/8th male adapter for that. most ports for fuel pressure gauges on aftermarket regulators are 1/8th to begin with and thats why they are 1/8th gauges

98cobradan

Established Member
if you are installing the AFPR as well, just mount the gauge to the regulator body. Thats what i did on my 5.0. I haven't done it to the cobra yet. Get the aeromotive gauge and it screws right in...

as for relieving fuel pressure...2 ways.... either press the inertia switch and run the car til it dies, then crank a few extra times... or let it sit, and pull the valve core out and get some rags...

i just ordered the aeromotive gauge to go along with the aeromotive FPR. know does this port on the back is where the gauge screws in?? cuz the guy i got the FPR from said it doesnt go in the regulator itself, but on the fuel rail
carpics079.gif

98cobradan

Established Member

Now do i leave the shreader valve open then screw the gauge and adapter on?? otherwise there will be no pressure correct?? Does it stay pushed down or pulled opened?

98cobradan

Established Member
im pretty sure your going to need a 1/16th male to 1/8th male adapter for that. most ports for fuel pressure gauges on aftermarket regulators are 1/8th to begin with and thats why they are 1/8th gauges

well ill find out 2mora when they get here. i wish someone that has a gauge on the fuel rail would chime in that knows "exactly". not sayin u dont.

Users who are viewing this thread