Fuel Pressure Gauge Install?

forced03

Established Member
Has anyone done a write up? I searched but came up with nothing. It would really help me out. Anything to look out for?

03DOHC

Established Member
Off topic, but are you coming to the dyno day? I sent you a bunch of PM's and you haven't checked them since Oct 12th.

randy

Established Member
I have installed BOTH the Autometer and Kennebell on cars and with the transducer it is pretty easy...Stay away from the "wet" kits with the fuel isolator at all costs..Yes they are a bit cheaper, but after the frustration of getting them bled and having antifreeze spill all over your interior, the extra money is definately worth it..My first gauge was with the isolator, the next 2 with transducers.

Silver 03 Cobra

I have a FRPP mechanical fuel pressure gauge. I like the looks of the Ford gauges and they don't make electrical so I had to use a fuel isolator. It is harder to install compared to electrical. I installed a dual pod full a-pillar cover in a friends 03 with Autometer Lunar electrical fuel and boost gauges. I have the same dual pod. I replaced the -4an braided steel line on the isolator with 1/4 high grade/pressure plastic tubing and it a heck of a lot easier to install. It is easy to bleed the line. I would recommend electrical gauges unless you have to have Ford gauges. I really like my set up.

Users who are viewing this thread