fuel pimp question

2001BlackCobra

Established Member
dropped the tank today to install an aviator fuel pump but i dont see how it will work.first off it doesnt even fit in the basket then the wires coming off of the top wont allow the cap with the screws to go back on what is the deal is it the wrong pump or what it says it will fit 96 - 04 mustangs.if anyone has any experience with it please help.thanks

RoyWoods

Established Member
You don't swap the entire assembly, all you swap is the little round silver piece. You just remove it from the Avaitor contraption and insert it in place of yours (within your contraption).

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
haha I wondered how long it'd take for the pimp jokes to start on this one.

Swapping a fuel pimp is easy you just back hand the bitch back in its place!

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
haha "fuel pimp"

thanks for the laugh.

anyways, what kind of setup do you have (blower) and what are your goals?

I have swapped for the 03 tank and GT pumps and Im very happy.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Just out of curiosity, what made you go w/ the Aviator pump vs the Focus pump? I am trying to decide which one I want to use if/when I go w/ a 150 shot?!

Can you post some pics of these round silver things and the contraption RoyWoods is talking about in order to pimp your fuel?

RoyWoods

Established Member
REX-RACER said:
Just out of curiosity, what made you go w/ the Aviator pump vs the Focus pump? I am trying to decide which one I want to use if/when I go w/ a 150 shot?!

Can you post some pics of these round silver things and the contraption RoyWoods is talking about in order to pimp your fuel?

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is a picture of the fuel pump itself (i.e. round silver thing): http://www.tazcobra.com/fuel.htm. I may have a picture of the basket (i.e. contraption thing), but I'll have to look.

FWIW, I went with the Aviator also. I'm now at 452RWHP and don't plan on going over 500RWHP, and the Aviator is supposed to be good to at least 500. I went with it b/c everyone seemed to have good things to say about it, and so far, I've been very pleased with it.

2001BlackCobra

Established Member
give me a break on the typo, i was tired from being under the car all day.anyway i went and took the stock fuel pump apart and pulled the silver pump out and replaced it with the aviator one and it worked perfect. thanks for the help, but before i did that i ordered the KB boost-a-pump and forked out 250.00 bucks and now i dont think i need it. i just put in 42 lb injectors and am going to start on installing the procharger tomorrow. i will let u guys know how it is coming along and will prolly be posting on here for some help.thanks fellas

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
2001BlackCobra said:
give me a break on the typo, i was tired from being under the car all day.anyway i went and took the stock fuel pump apart and pulled the silver pump out and replaced it with the aviator one and it worked perfect. thanks for the help, but before i did that i ordered the KB boost-a-pump and forked out 250.00 bucks and now i dont think i need it. i just put in 42 lb injectors and am going to start on installing the procharger tomorrow. i will let u guys know how it is coming along and will prolly be posting on here for some help.thanks fellas

Don't get sore mang, we were just givin' ya a little advize on how 2 unpimp ze vride! Zzaayyy vhaattt! :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread