Fuel Mod's

jbentley

Established Member
I know you have to do some fuel mod when you put a bigger super charger. Well i dont plan on putting a bigger supercharger on or getting a ported one anytime soon. I do how ever what to upgrade the fuel system with these mods:

Lethal Performance Dual FPDM Wire Harness Kit

Sieman Deka 63lb USCAR High Imp Injectors

twin gt pumps

SCT BA-3000 90mm MAF Meter with Aluminum Housing

Fore Precision Works 03-04 Cobra Dual Pump Billet Top Hat

Im sure there is something esle i should have but i cant think of it right now. I was just wondering if the car would run fine with these with out a bigger supercharger?

Last edited:

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Are you planning on a port or a twin screw in the future? Because if not I would not spend that much money on something you don't need. Even if you add an upper you wont need that kind of fuel system. If you are planning on a port or twin screw then yes that is the fuel system to upgrade to. Like others said above you will need a tune and I would go with a Fore Hat and the wiring upgrade also. But if you are planning on a port or twin screw in the future I would wait to install the fuel system until it is needed so you only have to get tuned once.

jbentley

Established Member
Ya i plan on tuning it at the end of the winter. During the winter im doing all the work. Im going to put a pulley's with idlers on, JLT CAI, long tube headers with catless x-pipe, and i figured i would do the fuel mods then. I will be doing a irs brace and bushings with subframe connectors. I also plan on putting in a new cluthc with pilot and throw out bearings. Might up grade to a 26 spline. Plan on putting a MGW short throw in it with some Nitto 555r in the back

gabe1530

Banned
Ya i plan on tuning it at the end of the winter. During the winter im doing all the work. Im going to put a pulley's with idlers on, JLT CAI, long tube headers with catless x-pipe, and i figured i would do the fuel mods then. I will be doing a irs brace and bushings with subframe connectors. I also plan on putting in a new cluthc with pilot and throw out bearings. Might up grade to a 26 spline. Plan on putting a MGW short throw in it with some Nitto 555r in the back

those are nice fuel mods but you wont need any of them with just a upper only car.
i have pretty much all the mods you listed minus the clutch and headers and do not need any fuel/maf upgrades. even if i changed to headers i wouldnt need anything.

i would only do all that if you are planing on going TS or a port.

Last edited:

jbentley

Established Member
Yes i do plan on going to a TS next winter. I just figured since i was already working on it and those mods arent to bad in price i would go ahead and put them so all i would have to do next winter is drop a ts in and a new tune.

jbentley

Established Member
Are you planning on a port or a twin screw in the future? Because if not I would not spend that much money on something you don't need. Even if you add an upper you wont need that kind of fuel system. If you are planning on a port or twin screw then yes that is the fuel system to upgrade to. Like others said above you will need a tune and I would go with a Fore Hat and the wiring upgrade also. But if you are planning on a port or twin screw in the future I would wait to install the fuel system until it is needed so you only have to get tuned once.

Okay i added the Fore Hat i believe it is the right one but what wiring upgrade are you talking about?

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I would go ahead and run new -8an fuel line while your at it man.The stock line is very very small! Just a thought....

jay

jbentley

Established Member
Ya i was looking and i thought it came with that kit.

2001snake 8an fuel line? I seen on lethalperformance this kit: Lethal Performance 03-04 Cobra Fuel Line Upgrade w/Fuel Rails, i was thinking of getting it but im not sure but i guess if i go big in the long run i will need it

Quick Strike

Established Member
For the price of the dual FPDM kit, I would do the MDM Jr instead. It has the wiring kit with it. Here is a link to Jr by the maker, but I think Lethal has it priced cheaper. It can be used with a single 40 amp BAP if you need even more fuel (that is how I am working mine). I am well over 700 HP with the stock lines and rails, and am only at 65% pump utilization (GT Pumps in Fore hat).

Installed picture FYI:

Cobra%20091108%20MDM%20BAP.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread