Fuel Line Schrader Valve/adding FP gauge

HASFANGS

Established Member
Is the Fuel line schrader valve really necessary? I see threads were some have been taken it out (when adding fuel pressure gauge) and then also where people have Chirstmas tree worth of fittings to put it back in?

MVD

Established Member
You have to take the schrader valve out or else the gauge will never see any fuel pressure. There are no additional fittings or anything, just remove it and screw in the fuel rail pressure sensor that comes with the gauge.

HASFANGS

Established Member
LOL, of course you have to take the schrader valve out, AND, NO the fuel pressure sending unit WILL NOT just screw in...they are different thread sizes?!?

But to make my question a little clearer, do people take the time to put the schrader valve back in,or do you leave it out when adapting up to FPSU thread size?
For instance, some guys have put the schrader valve back in:
103_0370.jpg

and some have left it out:
series1006.jpg

Which is correct, and does anyone ever really use it to bleed air out of fuel system?

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Repost.

Sorry, I guess the site was acting "finicky" when I hit the reply button...

Last edited:

HASFANGS

Established Member
Thanks, I am going to make a custom brass fitting, it'll be male 1/16 NPT down, with female 1/16 NPT up (for the schrader valve) and a female 1/8 NPT for the Speedhut Fuel Pressure Gauge sending unit. Parker acutally has a designation for this: 1-1-2-ST-B

Buds03Cobra

Established Member
all you need is a M-1/16 NPT to F-1/8 NPT fitting.

I work for a valve and fitting comp and I am making my own fuel system. Im even going to draw up some fuel rails to test. If all works out I will offer them to convert to a return style.

HASFANGS

Established Member
all you need is a M-1/16 NPT to F-1/8 NPT fitting.

I work for a valve and fitting comp and I am making my own fuel system. Im even going to draw up some fuel rails to test. If all works out I will offer them to convert to a return style.

...not if you want to keep the factory schrader valve...

Good luck with the fuel rail, sounds interesting!

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I see around 30 PSI at idle and it jumps to around 55 - 60 PSI when I floor it. I'm still running the stock pumps and FPDM... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread