fuel line ?'s

95PGTTech

Established Member
I need to upgrade my lines...because I'm an asshole and put a drill bit through one and my weld-in SFCs won't allow me to just pick up another set of factory lines. I'll be using -8AN supply and -6AN return.

Which brand and type soft lines? I've heard a lot of great stuff about Aeroquip push-lock. Easy to use, no smells, flexible, etc. I have in the past used Summit el-cheapo stuff with success (no leaks like some claimed) in both hard and soft line but they do give off vapors bad. Wife's car she'd kill me. Then again, I've used Fragola fancy shit too and that did the same thing in stainless braided so maybe it's that type of line. Supposedly teflon-lined won't do the vapors but could potentially break down?

There are a couple areas where I would be more comfortable transistioning from a soft line to a hard line. If I understand AN sizes correctly, you just put the size of the AN over 16 and you get the ID of the tubing you'd need? So on my -8AN supply I would go 1/2" ID tubing and on the -6AN return I'd go 3/8" tubing? Are there any draw backs to the tubing other than more complication, more cost, more fittings? Factory lines are hard tubing and even have some padding to further protect them in areas where rocks/small road shit could brush them. And, honestly, it looks ****ing cool.

Suggest a brand of fuel filter for a ~400whp EFI car that is driven ~2500 miles/year. Suggest some bad ass looking fuel filter clamps if you're running any. Some look cool on websites but I haven't seen any in person. I'm running a Billet Specialties nitrous bottle bracket and it's ****ing stupid awesome.

I'll add to that what do you guys who drive your cars on the street use to protect the soft line areas? I've seen a few cars set up with black wire loom and it looks pretty good.
Hold downs? Just use padded electrical hold downs and self tapping screws or is there a cleaner way?

I knew I had one.

Tuesday028-2.jpg

I need the other version of this. I'll look up Aeromotive's stuff.

This end I need:
Tuesday030-2.jpg

To go on this fuel pump hat. One needs to be to -6AN and one to -8AN. Such exist?
Tuesday029-2.jpg

are these the right fittings for the pump end?

Aeromotive - Quick Disconnect Fittings - SummitRacing.com

Users who are viewing this thread