Fuel Leak

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Fellas & Ladies,

I just found that the rubber seal around the lower gas spout going into my gas tank, ripped and is leaking fuel. I ordered the new lower assembly from Ford to replace, which should be arriving on Friday. My question is, has anyone changed this before? I would love to do this without dropping the tank, but was wondering if that was possible due anyone's previous experiences? Let me know.. Thanks for the info everyone!

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraCallie
Sorry you won't be able to make it into the airport with those "guns" :rollseyes of yours..

Don't even go there... Hey, get your comments in now, because by this weekend, you will have no place to hide....:nono:

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Funny, My 98 Cobra doesn't leak fuel :uh oh:

Because you do not produce enough POWER to blow out the fuel tank cell..... plus you cannot drive it either..

Wait, let me say it for you.... YEAH YEAH YEAH - VORTECH.... WHATEVER.....

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Do I detect jealousy cause my Cobra is all in one piece and yours isn't :lol1:

Oh, it's in one piece dear. Don't you worry about that... No jealousy here. Wait you are right, I am jealous - I wish mine was as s.....l.....o.....w as yours..................

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
if its the same as my fox body its not that bad to do
just remove a few bolts at the filler, a clamp down the tube by the tank and should be able to slip it out enough to get the new rubber in there
use something like WD-40 to free up the rubber on the new one so you dont tare it

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Mike,
Thanks... After looking at the set up yesterday, it sounds to be exactly the same set up as on your Fox body. I was hoping to just remove the spout enough to replace the rubber seal. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the help, Mike...:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread