Fuel Leak in Engine Bay

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
A couple days ago I smelled fuel coming from my car. I thought it was my exhaust cause I have not cats and the cement glue I used on my driver side door b/c the trim was falling off my door panel.

So yesterday I was walking to my car and could smell the fuel outside my car from literally 20 ft away. I popped my hood and saw that my 'Fuel Injector Hose' ripped open and there was gas everywhere. The rip is about 1 inch long and is near the clamp next to the blower. How my engine didn't detonate or catch fire is beyond me.

Today, I went to NAPA and picked up a gates fuel injector hose. I install it and realized the hose is touching the blower b/c it's not as flexible as the stock hose.

Has this happened to anyone? How could this happen in the first place? And does anyone know where I can get a reliable flexible hose? :shrug:

I'll upload pics tomorrow.

UPDATE: So I found a hose and installed it, started up the car and now it's spitting out fuel from my fuel rails or the 2 injectors on the drivers side closest to the front of the car, I'm not sure. I just had 72lb Bosch installed a couple of weeks ago.

Any ideas on how to fix? Before I tow my car to my mechanic.

Last edited:

blacknblown11

Established Member
Not exactly happened to me, but since the TVS install the fuel line that jumps over the blower is rubbing just a little. I plan to cut another piece of hose to lay under the fuel line so it doesn't get chaffed.

Users who are viewing this thread