fuel issue- p0148 & p1233

dredg9

Established Member
So was driving today and got these two codes
p0148- fuel system error
p1233- fpdm offline

the car starting hiccuping and eventually stalled out. Called AAA and go the car towed home and did a quick lookover.

No fuel coming out of the vacuum line of the frps and no difference whether you start the car with the frps unplugged or not so im kinda ruling that out. I have a kb bap and checked the fuse in the engine bay and by the controller and both were fine.

I had just filled with fuel 20 minutes prior and admittedly ran the tank pretty dry. Cant hear the pumps prime when i turn the key forward. Is it possible to fry both pumps at the same from running the tank dry or should i be looking at the fpdm? Thanks

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
sounds like your FPDM took a shit to me or possibly the pump took a crap.
let me see if i have a FPDM laying around you can try to just swap it out

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
i have one if you want it, also check all your grounds and wiring going to it and the fuse for the pumps also

Last edited:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
most of the time when your pump dies, you dont get a code, im leaning towards the fpdm here.

is your fuel system stock or what?

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
sounds like the fpdm for sure... had a friend at the track same thing happend. plugged a one in from a gt and it started right up!

but i would suggest getting another 03-04 fpdm, lol!

good luck, let us wisconsin boyz know what happens.

TORQJNKY

Do you have a KB Boost-a-Pump? If so, check the green 30amp fuse at the BAP. I had a similar thing happen to me but I wasn't driving. I got in my car after having driven it with no problems for months, started it and same symptoms you were having and same codes. I checked the fuse in my BAP and the fuse wasn't inserted in the holder correctly. Basically one prong of the fuse slid to the side of the fuse holder connection and was touching the connection but over time it just didn't make good continuity and my BAP stopped working.

Last edited:

dredg9

Established Member
i have a stock fuel system with a bap. I did check that 30 amp fuse and it looked good but did kinda sit angled and you stated yours did torqjnky, so maybe ill look at it again, it did seem fine though.

Users who are viewing this thread