Fuel Injector Woes

2002_500HP

Banned
Hey Guys,
i'm in the process of putting my truck back together...well i accidently forgot to order injectors until i ordered my tuner...problem is i'm back ready to go expect for the injectors, i'm running a whipple at 13 psi, afco h/e, electric w/p and fans and a jlp oversized i/c res. what i'm wondering is how many of you think it would be safe fo rme to reset the injector size until i get them also i have the 10 psi whipple pulley as well...the tune has 60/lbs p/h injectors in it so would it be safe for me to set them to 45'ers and maybe just make it alittle richer??? BTW i know nothing about tuning the computer system on this truck.
Thanks in Advance,
Chris

FordFanStan

Established Member
It is hard for me to understand what your asking :shrug:. Are you asking; You got everything in but forgot your 60lb/hr. injectors and are still using the stock 42's, and want to know if you can still get a tune and be safe?? Not trying to be a dick, Im just trying to get this more clear so everyone else could possibly help you out.. Stan

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
You should be able to run the stockers at 13# and be safe. They will support right at 500 rwhp so if you can adjust the tune yourself or have it done then go ahead.

It will have to be done by your tuner I'm pretty sure as there isn't any provision in the handhelds that I know of for changing injector size.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Ok I guess I understood it the same way Bob did. And I would answer the same. the 42's limit your pressure and amount of fuel, but only beyond that certain max allowable limit. which is supposedly around 500hp as Bob said. I would just back down the boost if you could, (you said you have the 10lb. Whipple setup), and get a tune until you get your 60's. the only nreason why I say this, is why take the chance. Or it sounds like bob said you can get your tune, just be very conservative on it. my only .02 cents left for the night, (or shall I say period lol). I am on my way to a very intoxicated state right now woot woot... Stan

boca ron

Banned
There is a provision in the handheld that I know of that allows you to adjust for injector size its called injector hi and lo slopes but its better left to someone knowledgable to make that adjustment.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
WTF! boca ron is an "svt god" and i'm a damn geometro's worst nightmare. damnit!

as for your question, it depends on how much hp you want to make. since your screen name says 500hp, your going to need those injectors, fuel pumps, and maf extender.

chiz

Users who are viewing this thread