Fuel Injector sizing

Bigggy

Established Member
Hey guys!

Do 80lbs injectors are too big for a pullied/ported eaton with full bolt-ons? What would be the cons to use such a big injector? I know that the best would be 60s, but just found a new set of 80s for very cheap.

Thanks!

01yellercobra

Established Member
They can be made to work. They take a little more tweaking than a set of 60's though. That's why a lot of tuners don't like them.

That being said I ran mine on a N/A set up for a bit with no issues.

GodStang

Established Member
I have run 60s and I run FRPP 80s. 80s are a much better injector. Car runs way better on them and allows you so much room for growth. As long as you have a good tuner you should be fine.

Bigggy

Established Member
Thanks guys, that was my though also. I've read thread were people were bashing on these for a lower hp motor, but when you think of it, in idle and part throttle a lower and higher motor will behave almost the same, well that's my guess.

The guy is selling them, never installed, for 200$ (canadian) so that's a real good deal, they are selling right now on AM for 450$US.

As for the tuner I currently have Bama, but my guess is that I will eventually hit a wall. They have good tuners but I think that they won't do too crazy with their "tune for life" plan. They don't even a base map for an JLT High which I have laying around for 3 years now (with the addition of a strut tower brace that does not fit my current RAI).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread