fuel injector question

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I pretty much wanna know what is to much for 60s. Right now my set up will be fine with 60s but what if I decide to go with say a 2.8 kb later on? Will I need 72s or even 80s? If so can I just buy them now and use them untill im ready to go bigger or is there such a thing as to much injector for a specific set up

FORD4U

Established Member
well its less about what blower and more about what power you would like to make, that is what you need to determine first

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Right now im aiming for 600 on a ported eaton with all supporting and nitrous, but later id like to take the nitrous out of the equation and get as close to 700 as possible

01yellercobra

Established Member
You can go too big. But I think it's driveability that suffers more then anything. A 120lb injector will have a harder time at part throttle then a 60lb. You can run a bigger injector if you know you're going to go bigger in the future. I'm currently running 80's and they have plenty of room for when I decide it's time for more.

Digital

Established Member
You can go too big. But I think it's driveability that suffers more then anything. A 120lb injector will have a harder time at part throttle then a 60lb. You can run a bigger injector if you know you're going to go bigger in the future. I'm currently running 80's and they have plenty of room for when I decide it's time for more.
Slo is more or less correct. You can go as big as you want. High imp injectors are slower to respond the bigger you go. Your tuner should be able to tune them so you have zero issues though. You'll likely never notice the response time unless you have 80s and swap to a low imp injector and do no other mod. 80# would be the very highest I'd ever go after reading about them. The cost is just too much to not go low imp at that point. But otherwise you won't notice a ton of difference between a 60 and a 80. You can sell the 60s real easy as the 80s take longer usually. That's really about the only difference.

SVT GI

Established Member
60's are good to about ~700hp in a returnless setup and ~750hp in a return setup. If you ever plan to throw E85 in there then go with the 80s.

Users who are viewing this thread