fuel idea for blown cars

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
What would it take to install a system to inject high octane fuel when you get into high boost, and otherwise run 87 octane fuel in our cars? I think this would be a great money saving measure, (also would provide slightly more hp when your not on the boost) and if you were running 116 racing fuel in a seperate small fuel tank, you could run higher boost and not worry about detonation issues etc...

I wonder what would be the positives and negatives to a system like this..

YMMV..

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
87?? Thats crazy... How would you be sure you got 100% of the 87 out of the line before you jumped into the "more boost"

Like stated above, I wouldn't run anything less than 91

Also if your worried about saving money, don't start moding

Last edited:

poppakap

The Anti Rice
Established Member
I have seen this kind of setup before. It was on a Camaro in Hot Rod. I believe that it had seperate pumps for each tank. He had them on a simple switch to change it. I thought it was pretty cool. It has been mentioned here before but I've never seen it on a Terminator.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Robertson Racin said:
87?? Thats crazy... How would you be sure you got 100% of the 87 out of the line before you jumped into the "more boost"

Like stated above, I wouldn't run anything less than 91

Also if your worried about saving money, don't start moding

not saving money, since a setup like this would cost more than the fuel your going to be "saving" but it would allow you to run 116 octane fuel (or what ever octane you wanted) in addition to the fuel you were normally using..

kinda like how a wet N20 setup can progressively add more fuel to your engine.. but instead of having N20, you use more boost..

Users who are viewing this thread