Fuel help -- eaton mach

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
Ok, going to try to make this short as possible but Im looking for some advice. So within the last few days my car has started to sputter when I get into the throttle and i noticed that as soon as i get on the gas (to accel.. or have fun) the fuel pressure starts to drop very fast (like 20psi and lower) so i instatly stopped driving hard and just babied it because idling or EASY accel it will stay like normal around 40psi.

But i had forgot my Aeroforce guages will display pump duty wel I went into it and come to find out they are maxing out (95-100% all the time) And ive been popping code PO190.

I have already replaced the FRPS and fuel filter and it did nothing.

I am starting to think its an electrical problem somewhere and heres why, I noticed yesterday (again this started hapening about 3 days ago) that when i fired the car up first thing in the morning pump duty was about 45%, fp was perfect, but i gave it a little gas and it shot up to 90% duty and stayed there.

Well i was driving the car to the parts store to grab a fuel filter and i made a real slow sharp turn and i noticed my duty dropped to like 45% and I got on it about half throttle and it was perfect, pressure rasied a few psi like normal and it was great for about 15 seconds and then started screwing up again.

But i was on an empty road and if i weaved back in forth kinda hard / fast the duty was dropping into the 60s???

Sorry if this is confusing, just looking for some help, im wondering if i should drop the tank and look for anything?

Also, the fuel system is stock cobra injectors, pprv delete, cobra tank, dual svt focus pumps.

timbo3282

Established Member
More likely your fuel pump is going bad than an electrical problem.

If it was an electrical problem it would be all the time (unless the problem happened when the car was wet but not when dry).

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
Just to update I know its been a while but for anyone who may have similar problem. I had broken wires on the pumps. Re did the connections and all is well now!

Users who are viewing this thread