Fuel hat Mod. Help needed with fittings.

collins8

Established Member
Unfortunately I do not have any local shops that sale fuel fittings. I am stuck ordering from Summitt or Jegs.
I am presently upgrading to the GT pumps and I might as well convert over to two lines coming out of the tank. I have reviewed numerous post and I really like the fit and finish of the fuel hats in this post.

Top Hat Mod
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...op-hat-mod-54821.html?highlight=fuel+hat+barb

I can get the gates 3/8" submersible hose at NAPA and I have that on the way.
Looks like I need a couple of these NPT Female to male 6AN fittings. Another thing I like about them is they are steel and that should make it easier to tack weld them to the hat. Can I pot a washer on the back side of the hat for sealing?

Aeroquip AN to NPT Adapter Fittings: AER-FBM2727 - summitracing.com
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...art=AER-FBM2727&N=700+300068+115&autoview=sku

I can not find the short 3/8" barb to 3/8" male NPT. I looked all over Jegs.
I would really like to find a short Barb fitting so I can run a short length of fuel hose from the pumps to the fittings so I do not have to put a large piece of hose on each pump with a bend in it. Has anyone managed to avoid the long run of hose with the bend??
It would be nice if someone mad a bulkhead fitting that was 6AN male and on the other side it was a 3/8" barb to make things easy??
I am open to any suggestions!! I just want to do a good job on this so I do not have problems later.

Rob

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Also, the way that one was done was the short barb is put throught the tophat hole from the inside and the femaile to male adaptor was screwed on from the outside so there is a nut on both sides. Then weld on the outside only to seal it. I'm sure there are other ways to do it but this one apparently works well. Hope this helps. I have a pic of mine which is done a little different if you want to see it. Send me your e-mail.

Users who are viewing this thread