Fuel Filler Neck Question - Video inside

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Watch the video and let me know your thoughts. Does this look normal and Ok?

It actually does have a small crack on the plastic piece that the spring apparatus rides on but it’s not bad. Let me know your thoughts.

If I don’t have to replace I won’t but if folks say I do I will.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I just replaced mine, not for the same reason but considering how much of a PITA they are to change, I would just change it, it's not going to get better on it's own. I got a real Ford one out of LMR, I don't think the price was bad,

01yellercobra

Established Member
You're also trying to move a dry o-ring against plastic. It probably moves easier in the fuel. If you're questioning it I'd just replace it.

That being said one of the many times I dropped my tank I broke that piece off the end. So I tossed it. The only issue is I have to be mindful of when the tank is close to full while filling up. Otherwise it'll spit out.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
You're also trying to move a dry o-ring against plastic. It probably moves easier in the fuel. If you're questioning it I'd just replace it.

That being said one of the many times I dropped my tank I broke that piece off the end. So I tossed it. The only issue is I have to be mindful of when the tank is close to full while filling up. Otherwise it'll spit out.
I wonder if mine fell off and that’s why mine does that… hadn’t thought about that

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Well….out of curiosity, I put it back together to see if it will fix it. If it doesn’t, I’ll replace the filler neck. It’s not too bad to drop this tank and replace the neck.

Normally I would just replace it but I’m more curious now. I’ll let everyone know in a few
Months after the car is back together. It will most likely need to be replaced but why not experiment a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread