Fuel Doors

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
What do you guys think of this fuel door? I kind of like it but I'm not sure which color would look best on a white L. By the way, these are pics of HDMLNIUM's truck:
DSC00068.JPG

DSC00069.JPG

DSC00070.JPG

Here are some different colors:
Clockwise from top left: polished, brushed, anthrocite, gunmetal powdercoat
4finishes.gif

Last edited:

John Armstrong

Established Member
I would like them much better if they were matched to the color of the truck. Like the black one was on the other board.

But.... beauty in in the eyes of the beholder. If HDMLNIUM likes it on his truck that's all that counts.

wuplash

Established Member
for my tastes i would like either polished or gunmetal powdercoat.who is making these and what is cost?

Dragnut

Established Member
fuel door

The door looks great!! but IMHO the polished is the only way to go- I'm not into subtle or monochrome looks, accent and contrast is the way to go.
Who supplies these?

FlaSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by John Armstrong
I would like them much better if they were matched to the color of the truck. Like the black one was on the other board.

But.... beauty in in the eyes of the beholder. If HDMLNIUM likes it on his truck that's all that counts.

John - do you think black would be the way to go on a white truck? That would match the molding on the bumpers and steps.

I'd bet it wouldn't be too hard to get it painted the same color as the truck.

foreverford

Established Member
Im not a big fan of that look. I like the tank filler door hidden. On my 54 f-100 I hid the tank filler and it looks much smoother. IMO it would look good if the tank was filled from the bed, so its totally hidden. Smoooth. But its alright.

Paul

FlaSVT

Established Member
Filling from inside the bed sounds like a good idea but I have a hard cover on the bed and I would have to open it to put fuel in.

Is the idea of hiding the filler to improve the lines of the truck or to keep people from becoming interested in what's behind door #1?

Smok'n L

Established Member
I like i. It would look good on my silver '00 L. But do they have ones that lock like the bikes??? If sombody finds out a price lemmie no!!
Thanks
Smok'n L

1PT21GW

Established Member
Rick,

Want to try some thing different for the fuel door?

Put it behind the left hand taillight... I know a guy a little farther north that filled in the door, and hinged the taillight, and put it back there, so now it is hidden.

I will try to find a picture if you are interested?

Later,
Jason

foreverford

Established Member
Thats a cool idea. If someone ever steals your truck maybe you will be able to get it back after a tank of gas, cause they might not figure out where to fill it up at. Hope you find a pic.

Paul

1PT21GW

Established Member
:D Here is a Link to the Article in F150 World. http://www.f150world.com/redl.asp I am a member there too !! This truck is cool and hardly ever hits the street. It gets his own little trailer. I bet this gives everyone a few ideas. I am contimplating the suicide doors idea.

Enjoy !!!!!

Here is the pic

Can someone post the picture so everyone can view it without having to download it. I havent figured out how to do that yet. The picture was taken by Tom Colegrove of F-150 World

Later

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread