Fuel door sensor

tooquick

Established Member
Has anyone else had a problem with the fuel fill inlet.I can rest mine but as soon as I get gas again it's back on then the check engine light comes on.Havent took it to a professional yet was trying to fix it my self but no luck so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

01bluesnake

Established Member
Your most likely getting an evap code. If the car is running while you are filling up you can be causing the system to think there is a leak. Otherwise you may have a problem at the filler neck trap door sticking after you fill up.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Sometimes if the doors at the filler neck get debris in them, they can hang up and cause evap leak codes. Take your emergency filler funnel and cycle it through the door about 10 times or so, see if that helps

tooquick

Established Member
Ok how do u fix it I looked online and seen were u can use the funnel in the trunk to reset it but it continues to do it.It could be from me putting gas in it while it was running.

tooquick

Established Member
Thanks you guys for the help I have looked on my own but figure I'm not the only one who had this problem.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Never fill it while running, not only is it illegal in most states but it confuses the pcm.

Users who are viewing this thread