Fuel Cell in S197 GT

wbrownie

Established Member
Need some help on installing a fuel cell in my 05 GT.

We are going to be racing American Iron and they allow a fuel cell in the trunk area. Better weight distribution and safer.

Anyone done an install on this car or one similiar.

Wondering what issues there are with an external pump hooking up to the fuel injection system.

Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Bill,

Every Boy Racer has a cell installed in the trunk but I'm not sure where the fuel pump is located. It shouldn't be any more difficult than any other car.

P.S. Your link from the Cobra R forum didn't work.

falcon65

Established Member
If you use a Fuel Safe cell there are provisions for mounting it internally in the cell. On our FFR Spec Racers we used the "stock" pump inside the cell with no problems. The set up for the S197's should be about the same. Hope this helps a little!

wbrownie

Established Member
Thanks for the input.

Based on my research, it is fairly complicated given the returnless, pressurized system. It is much much that just removing the factory tank and installing a fuel cell and an external fuel pump.

Installing the stock pump in the tank would be the way to go, I'm just not sure if it would be feasible.

Aeromotive recommends going to a full return system with new lines, rails, pump, etc. Major $$$$.

Anyone else have other experiences?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread