ftvb

opie99

Established Member
wheres a good place to buy a ftvb? Or does anybody have one they want to get rid of?

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I hear that DMP has a nice Valve body to offer also...Get a hold of Stan. He can tell you more about them...

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
Chickenears! Tim has the best customer service out there. Might as well get the 4x4 pan and filter while your at it since it holds an extra quart and gives you a drain plug.

RaD28r

SVT FTW
Established Member
Alright I am kind of new to the lightning world and just wanted to know exactly what this thing does. From my understanding, it help save the transmission for the long run and shifts alot better but not sure how it works and bolts on:shrug: What are the pro's and con's of this product?

Anyways, Thanks!

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
Alright I am kind of new to the lightning world and just wanted to know exactly what this thing does. From my understanding, it help save the transmission for the long run and shifts alot better but not sure how it works and bolts on:shrug: What are the pro's and con's of this product?

Anyways, Thanks!

Basically it firms up the shifts, on a stock truck at wot you will be "barking" the tires when hitting 2nd gear and sometimes 3rd. When a trans shifts smoothly into a gear it is because there is mild slippage when the clutches in the trans are applied, this limits that slippagae decreasing wear. you will like it. If you hvae a tune that increases line pressure to the trans you may want to get it turned down or off, as it is not necessary, I told them not to modify my tran in my tune and I am happy with the results. I got mine From Greg back in 2002 and have not had any issues with it. I hae a write up I did when I did my install in the how to section.

Factory Tech Accumulator installation

part numbers for the pan and filter:

F81Z-7A194-BA 4x4 trans pan
YC3Z-7A098-BA 4X4 filter

Last edited:

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member

Anyways, Thanks!

It is prob one of the easiest mods I have done to date and it could not be anymore straight forward. You will love the finally result!

Robert Francis

Established Member
I installed a FTVB in my 01L back in 2002 - still performs great. But when I put mine in, other than "line valves," the FTVB was the only easily availabe modified transmission valve body. Today I'd advise those looking to change their valve bodies, to do a "search" as there have been several others that have also come on the market in recent years that many favor.

opie99

Established Member
thanks guys i will look into those places. trying to stock pile before spring gets here.

N20JUNKY

Established Member
I have one in the truck right now but its coming out this weekend, pm me and maybe we can work something out. Its a ftvb 2c I belive (have the box and instructions in the other room)

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
It is prob one of the easiest mods I have done to date and it could not be anymore straight forward. You will love the finally result!

Providing you remove the right VB :) local guy here put it in the wrong place, there is 3, if I remember right, that are all the same in there

RaD28r

SVT FTW
Established Member
Ahh thanks guys, will deffinately be a future mod from all the praise it is getting.

1 more question though, Im guessing this is something I would need a lift to install:shrug: or is this a weekend warrior mechanic on the driveway install?

Robert Francis

Established Member
It would be easier to install on a lift, but I installed mine on my 01L just up on 8" jackstands and didn't have any real problems.

You want to get some large drain pans if you're laying on your back doing it. If you're removing the stock trans pan (it has no drain plug) and replacing it, I found by removing all the bolts around the pan except for two up front, and then slowly loosening them and allowing the pan to gradually droop down, the fluid will begin to spill over into the pans "you" have positioned on your floor. I found that after alllowing a quart or two to go over the end into my drain pan I could hold up the trans pan with one hand and finish taking out the front two bolts and I could easily lower the trans pan with the remaining fluid still in it and I probaly didn't spill more than a few drops of fluid on my garage floor.

If you follow directions you won't have any problems - and you should use a inch-pound torque wrench to tighten up the bolts on the valve body. It doesn't take a lot of overtightening to strip them out!

Users who are viewing this thread