Ftvb ?

Phyxius

Established Member
I'm ready to order an FTVB. My question is, is there more then one manufacturer, and if there is, is there any difference, or is one better then the others?

Lee

]UBC[ CCC

Established Member
Phyxius said:
I'm ready to order an FTVB. My question is, is there more then one manufacturer, and if there is, is there any difference, or is one better then the others?

Lee

Im pretty sure the consensus will be to get it from CHICKENEARS

philip

Tweet Tweet Bitch
Established Member
there is only ONE manufacturer of the FTVB...that is greg evans. there is about 3-4 dealers who sell the genuine FTVB and others that sell their own version of it (LFP, JLP)

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Yeah the FTVB is Chicknears or from Gregg Evans on ebay. Gregg would prefer you go to one of his dealers for it. The others are imitators.

Mark@LFP

Banned
The LFP Stage1 valve body is not an imitation. It's an affordable alternative same as JLP's. We all start with a Ford Factory valve body. We all basicly do the same thing. We all accomplish the same thing, a firmer shift with shift timing removed. It not a Jet engine, it's a shift kit. Shift kit tech. has been around for as long as there has been an automatic transmission. It wasn't invented by LFP, ft or JLP.
We have been offering the Stage1 for several years with many satisfied customer. You have a choice is all it amounts to. Same as anything in this world you purchase.

LFP Stage1 performance valve body with Ford 4x4 steel pan, proper filter.....$225.00

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Mark@LFP said:
The LFP Stage1 valve body is not an imitation. It's an affordable alternative same as JLP's.

True, I worded my post improperly. Mark, you have many happy customers as does Gregg with the FTVB. It's like when people refer to tissues as 'Kleenex' or their refrigerator as a "Fridgeadaire". The term FTVB is now used as any Valvebody other than stock. It is truly a testament to Gregg's work.

I would also like to add that Mark @ LFP is very highly regarded and appreciated by all Lightning owners. :beer:

Mark@LFP

Banned
Ok...so you can purchase your Maytag from LFP. Apply your savings to some other mods.
Will leave the light on!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread