FTVB question....not the usual

so9956

Established Member
ok so I'm planning on purchasing an LFPVB but I have been reading in other posts about the hard and jerky shifts. I know they are hard and jerky with 1/2 or WOT, but are they under normal driving speeds? just asking because it seems like after you've had your head bounce back and forth after awhile all that quick hard shifting especially when in traffic would get aggravating.

soniclightning

Established Member
The ftvb has a firm shift under normal driving. It's not as smooth as stock but pretty close. The only time mine jerks my head is when I get in on it and let off right before it shifts. It's hard to explain how it is but I'm sure that you'll love it. It really wakes the truck up.

Nazgul

Black Rider
Established Member
soniclightning said:
The ftvb has a firm shift under normal driving. It's not as smooth as stock but pretty close. The only time mine jerks my head is when I get in on it and let off right before it shifts. It's hard to explain how it is but I'm sure that you'll love it. It really wakes the truck up.

+1

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
It is a must do mod! Go ahead and do it with the 4x4 pan, filter, and, also get the HD trans cooler and filter. As far as the way it shifts, you will get used to it within a few days.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Not really....more like a copy-cat.I would get the FTVB IMO.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
so9956 said:
ok so I'm planning on purchasing an LFPVB but I have been reading in other posts about the hard and jerky shifts. I know they are hard and jerky with 1/2 or WOT, but are they under normal driving speeds? just asking because it seems like after you've had your head bounce back and forth after awhile all that quick hard shifting especially when in traffic would get aggravating.

Once it's been in there for awhile....You kinda forget about it
until someone rides with you and say's "You got a shift-kit in
here"??:lol1:

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i've heard that the ftvb is a piece of shit now; i am planning on the one from DMP. this IS the one to get, is it not?

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
There must be a big inconsistancy in the valve bodies. Mine just provides for a nice firm shift. Not being described as "herky jerky". It just has a nice firm performance shift to it.

Seems like some valve bodies are either shifting like crazy or not firm at all....

morrison_205

Established Member
BlkLightning2K said:
i've heard that the ftvb is a piece of shit now; i am planning on the one from DMP. this IS the one to get, is it not?

i have just gone through installing two FTVB and am not impressed with either i hear that the LFPVB is much firmer.... i have not heard any feedback about the DMPVB.

soniclightning

Established Member
so9956 said:
thanks for all the input guys, i'm planning on purchasing one in about a month, you don't need to re-tune for it right?
No re-tune is needed, but don't forget to disconnect the battery and let your computer reset.

Users who are viewing this thread