Ftvb & pan are in!!

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Nice and easy install, (just under an hour). Man does this thing kick. Very firm, and INSTANT quick shift. :pepper: I could not ask for more, Gregg Evans makes one hell of a product. Here's some popcorn for him--->> :pop:

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Yes, it's awesome. A new rule started today: NOBODY but me will drive my truck in the rain now. lol :nono:

add5725

Established Member
where did you order that from, I have been waiting for some money to come in and now that i have the money I want one. Figured it would be a nice addition to the kenne bell that i just ordered

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
My buddy did it in his Sonic Blue 04 L and honestly it's not as firm as I had hoped. Part throttle shifts give a nice kick but at WOT I can't feel much difference between his and mine, especially with my torque modulator off.

I wish it would kick a lot harder during WOT shifts, and softer during part throttle shifts. I don't think i'll ever get one unless they reverse this. It was a very easy install though.

Bikeboy77

Established Member
I just put in the LFPVB and 4X4 tranny pan in monday and I'm thouroghly happy. soft acceleration is smooth but it really pops it into the next gear under hard and WOT acceleration.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Craig Mack said:
I wish it would kick a lot harder during WOT shifts, and softer during part throttle shifts. I don't think i'll ever get one unless they reverse this. It was a very easy install though.
Wow, I've never heard of one doing that. Mine is perfect, nice and smooth, but when you lay into the throttle, you better prepare for whiplash. :rockon:

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
Five4Rider said:
Wow, I've never heard of one doing that. Mine is perfect, nice and smooth, but when you lay into the throttle, you better prepare for whiplash. :rockon:

Well where did yall get your Valve bodies from? Maybe its just the kind my friend got. :shrug:

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
FTVB @ Chickenears.com....Ask for Tim.......Great people!!!!!!

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Craig Mack said:
My buddy did it in his Sonic Blue 04 L and honestly it's not as firm as I had hoped. Part throttle shifts give a nice kick but at WOT I can't feel much difference between his and mine, especially with my torque modulator off.

My truck feels the same way, and I thought the same thing. But then I realized that the tires were spinning when I really was on it, and that was why I wasnt feeling it as mich.

baer42

Established Member
Bikeboy77 said:
I just put in the LFPVB and 4X4 tranny pan in monday and I'm thouroghly happy. soft acceleration is smooth but it really pops it into the next gear under hard and WOT acceleration.

Mine is opposite. Firm shifts cruising around and softer when flooring it :shrug: First to second feels like the stock vb. I will try a different one later on. Maybe one from DMP.

angel1

Established Member
yes, these FTVB should be stock.......hee.......hee......
I just installed my FTVB from Chickenear with Morsoso pan
used Royal purple tranny oils........also got some new nitto 555 (non-drag)
I open my driver's side window a few times and can hear my tires scratching from first to second and second to third too.......pretty cool for an auto tranny vehicle to do that........

Users who are viewing this thread