FTBR vs MM rear toe link / solid diff bushing?

phayze

Established Member
Looking to upgrade my toe links. Couldn't find much about the differences between the two.

Are they both small enough to fit a 15" wheel?

My front diff bushings are worn and needed replaced. I've read that FTBR solid bushings makes a lot of clunks and noises. It also looks like steeda was the only brand that made a poly bushing for it and it is now discontinued.

My car is a daily and sees track use.;

MG0h3

Established Member
I didnt notice any large increase in noise when I did mine. I did notice a huge difference in overall feel of the car. No clunks whatsoever. I dont see how they could clunk--the bushing wont give.

Take a look at the FTBR site, you dont want to just replace some bushings and not others but I cant recall the breakdown.

phayze

Established Member
I have the regular ford racing diff cover, not the milled one so idk how that would work out with the rear solid bushing. I have a dremel but unsure if it's strong enough to get through the cover

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
I am pretty sure that you don't need to mill the cover with their bushings, just if you get the lower rear diff mount. MM still makes polly diff bushings.

Black2010

Established Member
Just did the polly bushings on my whole IRS. Not a job for the faint of heart but doable. Getting the rubber bushings out of the control arms and sub frames was a major PITA even with the tools. The diff bushings were super easy to change though. Broke something in the front of the car taking it off the jack stands so I can't comment on the overall drive but the little I could tell the rear tightened up real nice.

I went with MM all around if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread