Ft. Lauderdale, FL. 03 10th Vert needs inspected.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Ft. Lauderdale people.

There is a 10th Ann. Vert' that has a deposite put down on. Seller says it is MINT, no scuffs, no rock chips, no oxidation, looks like it just roller off the line. Can anyone local that has time go check the car out and be completely anal about it, right down to the bolts?

Address is:

Choice Auto Brokers
828 Northeast 1st Street Ave.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304

This is the car:

Ford : Mustang SVT Cobra 10th Anniversary Ford : Mustang SVT Cobra 10th Anniversary | eBay

Please, if you can help. PM or call us.

606-524-5423
606-521-2036

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
FYI... it does have the wrong size tires on the front if that helps looking at the pics...it has a 254/45/17 on the front instead of the 275/40/17 that is supposed to be on it

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Looks good.

Swap wheels (or get wider tires like ^ he said), lowered, and a light bar and you'll be set.

UncleAnt

Established Member
When are you looking to have this done? I live there and don't mind doing it but I'm on vacation right now and won't be back till the middle of next week

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
As soon as possible. Wanting to make sure the car is as clean as it is advertised. And don't want to waste the seller or our time on whether it is worth following through with. I have two guys lined up that have offered to inspect the car so far. Just trying to finish lining it up. I appreciate everyones help!!

Digital

Established Member
As soon as possible. Wanting to make sure the car is as clean as it is advertised. And don't want to waste the seller or our time on whether it is worth following through with. I have two guys lined up that have offered to inspect the car so far. Just trying to finish lining it up. I appreciate everyones help!!

Why do you always say "we" ? Are you a third person speaker?

tedness

Bananarama
Established Member
Too bad it's not two weeks ago I was down there for work. Good luck hope it's what you're looking for!

Damn me too. I saw this the other day while randomly browsing and thought it looked good.

Edit: The one thing I'd be concerned about is the condition of the top. It looks splotchy - which could be fade or wear, but that could just be the photo.

Last edited:

Sirl

Established Member
I should be able to swing by tomorrow.

I'm not a "Cobra" guy, as I have GT,
But I can give it a good once over for you

No promises, but I will try.

Sirl

Established Member
Okay, so, went and took a pretty good look at the car today.
Seller was very frienly, let me roam freely around the car, started it up.
Purred like a kitten :)

The car is what I would say, showroom clean. HOWEVER,
I did find 1 thing that was suspect.

Under the hood, in the front, where the black rubber hood stops, or little bumpers are, they can screw up and down. On the bottom of them, there are black plastic square pieces. They appear to have been painted over, and the passenger side looks like overspray for sure.

All other nuts and bolts, ie: fender bolts, hood bolts, are painted and look factory. No sockets have been on them, Unless they were painted over.

Otherwise, the car is as clean as described.

Even if it did have some paint work up front, it would not deter me from buying it. Still very clean.

Also, the plastic piece that goes in front of the coolant tank, is there supposed to be a sticker on that? THe plastic has a texture to it, and it has a rectangle space where it would appear there should be a sticker.

Untitled.gif

In this pic, i believe the square piece UNDER the black bumper is sprayed red, but would come from the facoty as black rubber, or plastic.
Can anyone confirm this?
IMG_1802.gif

Random pics:

IMG_1801.gif

IMG_1800.gif

Took this one to show the bumper screws.
Not sure if they should be black, silver? or red?

IMG_1797.gif

IMG_1790.gif

IMG_1794.gif

IMG_1795.gif

Rear spoiler, small piece of 2 sided rubber foam tape, gave a little tug, it did not come out...

IMG_1791.gif

Should there be some kind of sticker here? looks like a blank space

Untitled-1.gif

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Sirl,

Man I really do appreciate you taking the time out of your day to go look at the car. Thanks so much! Everything looks good on the car, those squares under the hood bumpers are suppose to be body color to the best of my knowledge. Everything else looks clean. I appreciate you taking the time to post up pics as well. I owe you a beer!!!

Users who are viewing this thread