FSOT 2001 Cobra w/ built 5.0 stroker, th400 and 76mm turbo - MUST SELL!!!

NTXRockr

Established Member
I recently purchased Antiheightpunk's 01 Cobra project with the intentions of finishing it up into the menacing street/strip machine he had started out to build. It was nearly a completed project, with only two items left to finish (or so I was told haha...) to be a running car; ended up being more like two DOZEN tasks, but that's what happens when cars sit for months or years in between wrench sessions...its a long story anyway. I love the car for what it is, but my wife does NOT and would rather I invest more of my time and money into my 2011 Coyote. The frustrating part is that I know the Cobra is 99% complete and ready to rock, whereas the Coyote will take much longer and a lot more money to get to a similar setup - especially since I demodded and reverted it back to stock in anticipation of selling it instead...

Back to the Cobra...its a 2001 Cobra, redfire red with 03-04 front bumper, fascia, and rear wing. It still has the sought after tail lights with the yellow blinkers, which look great. Overall, the body is 8/10 with paint looking good but just little things (ex. missing side vent black insert) holding it back from being perfect...it's definitely made to look fast versus look pretty sitting still.

Under the hood, it has a built motor comprising of a MMR 5.0 stroker crank, Manley I beam rods and forged Pistons, custom Bullet turbo cams, 03-04 heads with Fox Lake Stage 2 porting and Ferrera valves and Patriot springs. The motor was just started the other day and being broken in on the dyno and on the street some, so this beast hasn't been abused and is ready to rock. I've added a SCT BA5000 slot style maf inline with the existing Diablo MAFia to go with the new 2.5" boost pipe that was just added, as well as swapped back to the proper stock throttlebody (it had an earlier B head tb installed). New couplers were installed as well as many of the tbolt and vband clamps, and everything looks to be in pretty good shape. The stock cobra manifold has been custom ported and runners shortened specifically for this build. The return style fuel system is in decent condition, with the rails, regulator, and other pieces in good condition but the lines have started cracking from sitting so long dry and will need to be replaced soon...but the pumps and hat are new Division X hardware with dual walbro 465s and Bosch 105# injectors so that's the great part. In addition to the new fuel components, the car currently has a brand new Alky Solutions meth kit installed and wired up, but the nozzles haven't been plumbed into the boost pipe yet so it's up to you if you want it to run 93/meth or swap over to e85 like I had intended on doing. The oil pan is a larger aftermarket but not sure on brand. Same goes for the intercooler, it's a decently sized air-to-air unit but not sure on the brand. Other than the fuel lines needing to be updated and the wiring harness cleaned up and/or tucked, I'd give the engine setup a 9/10 as once it's broken in and running the motor will NOT be the limiting factor for power...that is supplied by a PTC7675 billet turbo, which should be good up to around 850whp on pump and 900-1000 on e85. Perfect if you want a quick spooling setup that puts down great power!

For powertrain, it has a built TH400 transmission built by FTI, supposed to be a 3800 stall. Has a built 8.8 with Strange 31 spline axles and braced diff cover, UPR front and rear suspension, UPR kmember, rear anti-roll bar welded in, and custom steel driveshaft, as well as coilovers at all four corners. Car is sitting on Bogart D10s with a set of bias ply Hoosier QTPs and Mickey Thompson front runners (old drag radials were new but again dry rotted from sitting). Suspension is 7/10 but a good foundation to start from.

Interior is 6/10 currently. The dash is almost completely intact as is the center console, with the exception being the cutout for the ratchet shifter. The front seats are currently cloth corbeau race seats, which I had planned on swapping out for a pair of kirkeys if/when I install a full cage. The rear seats were removed previously and half of a seat delete is installed, so either a bottom half can be installed or rear seats installed again.

In summary...
The GOOD: car is in good condition overall, and has a brand new motor, brand new transmission, and the rear end, turbo kit and other parts previously installed have under 1000 miles. The original car has roughly 25,000 miles...
The BAD: It will need the fuel lines changed soon, as it could break apart and leak at any time. It will be a great street car but if you want more comfort the interior needs some loving, or if you want a racecar it needs similar loving plus a cage and chute. It will need some TLC to get the little bugs worked out of it from sitting for so long. It will need a good wash and cleaning, because it's probably been two plus years since the last time HAHA...I kid, I can at least wash it for you before you pick it up.
The OPTIONAL: it has a break in tune currently, and will have a 93 tune on it from my local tuner. You will need to get your own tune on it eventually to push this car to its limits, which will be up there...previously made 802whp with similar setup and termi motor so this motor should eclipse that. You can decide whether to finish the meth kit install and run 93/meth or to run e85 instead - your call. I'm betting it'll push over 850whp on meth and 900+ on corn juice! Simply add a cage and chute and it's ready to rock...it rolled off the starting line (previous old weak diff = no transbrake launches) with a 1.7 60' and on 4# boost cut a 10.09@144 - imagine what it'll do at full boost considering that previous setup also put down 802whp at 23#, and the fact this current motor has more displacement (4.6L @ 8.5:1 vs 5.0L @ 10:1) AND better flowing heads/cams. It's gonna fly, that's for sure!!!

The car was largely built and tuned initially by Kesatie Motorsports in Sarasota, Florida, and lived most of its life in sunny central florida. I purchased it back in October and have had it finished up by my local shop and occasionally myself, so I can answer some questions or anything that can't be answered by me can possibly be found in Zach's (Antiheightpunk's) build threads below or by contacting Matt Kesatie (blk00gtvert). The sources for more info: build threads 1) http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?759694-New-Build-begins and 2) http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?955379-One-Build-to-rule-them-all . Both Zach and Matt are standup guys and great to deal with, and know a helluva lot more about the car than I have learned in the last month or two!

My asking price is $18,500 but I'm open to offers. I have a couple grand invested into this so far and am looking to get my initial investment out of it only, so any and all honest offers will be entertained. I'm also open to full or partial trades...would consider power adders (turbo, centri, pd) plus cash as well as any parts (converters, built motors, etc) for 2011+ coyotes or s197 cars. I'm located in Pensacola, Florida, so local pickup or delivery within an hour or two is ideal but will ship at buyer's expense. Will ask for 10% deposit down via paypal and rest either through paypal, cash, check, cashiers check, trade items, etc. I can be reached by email at bobbypenleymusic(at)hotmail(dot)com or call/text at 940-64one-zero833. Like I said, wife says it has to go so I guess that makes me a "motivated seller" haha...thanks for your interest, and feel free to ask me any questions.

Last edited:

NTXRockr

Established Member
Still for sale!!! Taking offers on it...

Car has had almost all the bugs worked out of it. I've added a radiator fan, swapped out the old trans coolers and smaller lines and added 6an lines and a larger cooler with a fan. It will be tuned after the holidays so if you act now and want your tuner to do it I'll knock the price down accordingly FYI

Users who are viewing this thread