FS: Whipple 2.3L Gen II with polished snout

04mach17

Established Member
wow i would be all over this if i knew someone who would buy my posi ported blower ,plenum and bbk t body..I'm about 1k short..ahhhhhh!

DevilSun

Established Member
I'm a little curious, why go back to the Eaton for Road Racing? Is it a class thing, meaning the Whipple puts you in a class you don't want to be that the Eaton wouldn't; because it seems like you'd want the more efficient, less heat producing Whipple.

This is very tempting indeed

ORANGE CRUSH

Bayou City Terminator
Established Member
I'm a little curious, why go back to the Eaton for Road Racing? Is it a class thing, meaning the Whipple puts you in a class you don't want to be that the Eaton wouldn't; because it seems like you'd want the more efficient, less heat producing Whipple.

This is very tempting indeed

On a road course I can’t use the horse power I have with the Whipple or with the ported Eaton. So I am using the funds for suspension and brakes.

95SC

Banned
Are you sure that's a gen 2 blower not gen 1. IIRC gen 1 Whipple's have green rotors and gen 2 have black rotors.Maybe I'm wrong but I always thought that's the only way to tell the difference between gen 1 and gen 2.

bd93cobra

Established Member
I talked to Mike@Whipple and he said the same thing, green rotors are GEN I and black rotors GEN II

ORANGE CRUSH

Bayou City Terminator
Established Member
Last edited:

my92gt

Established Member
The only real way of telling if its a gen 1 or gen 2 is by calling whipple and giving them the serial number thats on top of the blower..... Good luck and I too recalled that all gen 1's had green rotors and gen 2's had black rotors due to different design...

Users who are viewing this thread