FS: Steering wheel switch controls / spoke trim from GT500

patricks806

Established Member
Do you know if these will work as a direct replacement for a 2011 GT steering wheel? When I bought my car the buttons were wearing pretty bad and I've been wanting to get them replaced.

world famous z

Established Member
they will fit, but check yours compared to mine in the pic and make sure your button setup is the same as mine.
depending on year and trim there are different steering button setup options through the years.

dc2r

Established Member
how hard is it to replace the trim? i have never taken apart my steering wheel before.

the clear on the trim on my right spoke is peeling and i thought up to now i would have to live with it because i did not want to spend huge $$$ to replace the entire wheel not knowing you could replace the trim separately (facepalm).

patricks806

Established Member
It's as simple as taking out 2 bolts that hold the air bag in, slide it out just far enough (or you can disconnect the battery and unplug the 2 connectors on the back of the air bag and get it out of the way all together), then you can just pop off which ever piece of the trim you are wanting to replace. Each piece should pop off fairly easy. This is a great buy compared to going through a dealership, I bought the buttons from him yesterday, awesome seller!

Users who are viewing this thread